Friday, May 4, 2012

Ohio Valley Antique Mall

Since moving to Ohio and becoming friends with Sue from Sullivan and Murphy, she has been introducing me to lots of the antique marts in the area.  Tuesday was no different!  Sue took me to a place called Ohio Valley Antique Mall.  A huge place with tons of booths!  I believe we were there for almost three hours!  This picture is actually backwards; I asked the cashier to take our picture when we were leaving.

DSC07379_6434

We had to figure out a plan on how to go through this place without missing a thing.  Sue suggested we go up and down aisles and then hit the across aisles.  Here are some of the things we saw.

DSC07365_6420

This was a great piece.  It looked like it came right out of a general store.  Perfect as a kitchen island in a big kitchen {as this piece is massive}.  Even in a craft or sewing room.  Here is the back side.

DSC07366_6421

Loved this Harlequin.  A bookend, but there was only the one and the price was a bit high.

DSC07367_6422

I took a picture of this fireplace mantel to show my daughter. She’d like to get one.  This was probably the least expensive one there at $125.00.

DSC07368_6423

Here is Sue checking out this great iron cart with wheels.  A nice size and heavy piece ~ wonderful for outdoor entertaining.

DSC07369_6424

Speaking of entertaining, how great would this be at your next party!  Fill it with ice, stick the beer in one side and the soda in the other.

DSC07370_6425

The Graphics Fairy is everywhere!  We both liked this booth.

DSC07373_6428

As well as this one, where Sue wanted to check out this chair {there were two}.

DSC07374_6429

DSC07376_6431

Whew! It’s hard work checking out chairs!  {Sorry Sue, I couldn’t resist!}

DSC07375_6430

This really old television.  Probably one of the first ones ever made.  Although the price seemed comparable to a television of today at about $350.00.

DSC07377_6432

This same booth had these crazy lamps.  I asked Sue to pose with one.

DSC07378_6433

Here’s what I walked away with.  This wood magazine rack, which will be getting a makeover.  Specifically, a Ballard’s makeover.

DSC07380_6442

SONY DSC

Also this little wood box.  There is a makeover with paint in this little guys future, too.  He will be perfect to hold our remotes.

DSC07383_6445

We had a great time with lots of laughs!  Such a nice and friendly place. I would definitely go again!

Today is the last day to enter my Cutting Edge Stencil giveaway! Ends tonight at midnight, EST.

19 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

Oh wow! That had to be a fun day!

Dee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, looks like such a fun place and you two look like you were having a ball. Great pics. Can't wait to see your treasures all redone. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW Kathy what a great place! Wish we had something like that close by! Love the wood magazine rack, can't wait to see it's makeover!

The Tuscan Home said...

Lots of eye candy in that store. I love the graphics fairy table, very cute! Looks like a lot of fun! xo ~Liz

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

That first piece is awesome!!

Shopping for treasures is twice as fun when you have someone to go with!!!!

Okio B Designs said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love that mantel. Do they ship to NY?????

J

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy! I gotta come down to visit you and go there with you!

When you come up here we'll go to my fav antique mall here, too, ok?

We need to get together - then have tea afterward!!!

Love that tv - when I was little my friend Michelle had one of those exactly.

OK, I know I am old. Haha.

Loved your purchases and can't wait to see what magic you create!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Sue's blog and I'm sure she is a great person! Love that old television! What a neat place!

XO,
Jane

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

I love shopping antique stores! Looks like you ladies had a lot of fun. :) ~ Jamie P.S. Your purchases are really cute and I can't wait to see how you fix them up!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Kathy!! This looks like way too much fun to miss out on it!! The stuff looks great, but I can just tell that you two had a great time there. I can't wait to see your "afters"! Thanks for sharing the fun. ~Zuni

Cheryl said...

Looks like a fun day of shopping! I would like to have a day like that :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

KimMalk said...

There's nothing like sharing a day at an antiques mall with a buddy--it's so great you and she got together, Kathy. What? The pink magazine rack's not working for you? ;) I'm sure the makeover will be great.

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- It looks like you are having a ball with your new friend, Sue. It looks like you have found some great places to visit and shop! xo Diana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Looks like you had a great day with your friend Sue....

Have a wonderful weekend1

Gail said...

Looks like you and Sue had a wonderful day! That's really nice that the two of you have become friends and do things together like that. Love your finds and can't wait to see the make-overs. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

nadine said...

The Ohio valley antique Mall is my "most" favorite place to shop!!! You never know what you might find and if you like something, it's always worth checking the price tags. I have bought many wonderful, reasonably priced "finds" there.
Its really bad when you go into a store and everybody greets you by name :) Sort of like Norm, on Cheers.
Glad you had a fun day at "my" antique mall. If you ever want another buddy to antique with just let me know :)

Debby said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Sue knows all the good places for sure. There is never a dull moment when you are with Sue. Just spent the day with her today. You should have seen her chasing a chicken.

BECKY said...

Oh Kathy! That place looks like way too much fun!! Love your finds! And how cool to shop with a bloggy buddy!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Becky

Sue said...

What? No comment about my take on what that lamp reminded me of? LOL. We had a good time and I already know where our next outing should take us. BTW, Debby is right- I DID chase a chicken on Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...