Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Mirror I Don’t Have To Paint!

I ordered a mirror from Antique Farmhouse last week that was one of their deals.  It was described as being “blue” and I thought it looked more blue online, too.  I figured I would just paint it.  After all, I still have plenty of ASCP Duck Egg paint.  When it arrived, I couldn’t believe my good luck!

DSC07416_6514

Amazingly, I will not have to paint this mirror after all!  It is a little darker than the Duck Egg on my dresser, but I like to incorporate lighter and darker shades of a color into rooms.

DSC07415_6513

I think I will probably add a little bit of the antique gold rub n buff to the detailed areas.

DSC07417_6515

I can’t tell you how happy I am that this worked out so well.  Now all I have to paint is the table it is going over.  A demilune I bought on clearance from JC Penney several years ago for $40.00. 

DSC06412_5515

I’m thinking of doing the reverse of my dresser by painting it Old White and doing accents of Duck Egg.  Here’s a wider shot so you can see where it sits in our master bedroom.  The  mirror will take the place of that fern picture.

DSC06411_5514

I am a little afraid though that the Old White might disappear into the wall, so I’m still debating how I want to do it.

25 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a great mirror! Can't wait to see what color you decide to paint the demilune.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy I love that mirror!! What if you did a coat of old white and then the duck egg blue and heavily distress it. Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Kelly said...

I love that sweet little mirror! I remember seeing that offered by Antique Farmhouse. That is a great color on it. I can see why you grabbed it!

Patty Marker said...

The mirror will loook perfect over that little table. I think as long as the table is distressed the white will work fine. The room looks amazing.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love the mirror Kathy! I am torn on how to paint it also....can't wait to see what you do. I know it will look great!

Are you loving not working? I am so jealous!

Lou Cinda :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

Kathy,

That is the cutest mirror! I love the shape of it and the blue is absolutely perfect. Wonderful find!

blessings,
karianne

DIYbyDesign said...

Awesome mirror. I can't wait to see what you do with the little table.

Rooms by Ann said...

What a beautiful mirror. I think the dresser is stunning in the blue.

Lynn said...

I can't think of anything I like better than getting to look at fantastic things people have done to their homes! Yours is lovely! The mirror is perfect.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

It's perfect! Love the color and detail on it!

Toni said...

I wanted this mirror, but by the time I got around to seeing the deal, it was sold out. So glad it worked out for you.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great mirror Kathy!...I guess we need to "stay tuned"

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OH YAY!

You know, Kath I kinda love that demi as is - the blue mirror will pick up the blue florals on the front - and keeping it as is may help the room not be TOO blue.

Something to consider.

You scored on that mirror, it is awesome. Room looks GREAT!

Okio B Designs said...

The mirror is gorgeous! It looks like it matches the dresser perfectly!

J

Gail said...

Kathy, I LOVE that mirror..it's gorgeous and will look beautiful in your room. Enjoy your weekend Kathy and Happy Mother's Day, Gail

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Oh, I love your dresser in blue and wouldn't paint it white! And that mirror is adorable...what a pretty bedroom you have!

busana muslim pesta said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The mirror is great--love the blue!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH! I LOVE it! How perfect is that! It is going to look great in your room. I don't think I could bear to paint the dresser! xo Diana

Angela said...

I just love your room, the combination of colours are perfect.
oxox
Angela.

Debra from Bungalow said...

The mirror is great! You hit the jackpot..lol. I love how this room is coming together for you.

Special 'K' said...

I adore your mirror. The room is also looking amazing. Can't wait to see the final to all your trims. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Debbiedoos said...

Oh that is such a pretty mirror Kathy. I just adore the shape and style. Happy Mother's day to you!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet mirror, kathy:) love your dresser, too--beautiful bedroom!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

That mirror is so pretty Kathy! I love that shade of blue! That's great that you don't have to paint it! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...