Friday, January 24, 2014

American Horror Story : Coven ~ The Set Design

I couldn’t get into the last American Horror Story season and was very sporadic with the first, but this year I have been eagerly awaiting each episode of the Coven series.

american horror story coven - Google Search

I think part of that reason is the sets, specifically the house itself where the witches live.  I couldn’t find a picture of it, but I think Fiona’s {Jessica Lange’s character} bedroom is my favorite.  Here are a few pictures I could find.

americanhorrorstory.set.4

The chandelier in the foyer is stunning!   I read that they rented all the chandeliers used on the sets.

americanhorrorstory.set.1

More beautiful chandeliers in this photo below.

americanhorrorstory.set.2

Love these chairs and the table has great detailing.

americanhorrorstory.set.3

Love the whole fireplace area.  So happy to see the gold mirror over it.   Makes me think my decision not to paint the one I found at an estate sale was the right one!

americanhorrorstory.set.5

Even if you are not a fan of the show, I think you can acknowledge that the sets are done just beautifully.  I will be sorry when this season ends.  Anyone else watching this show?

18 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Yes! I've watched all three seasons. I didn't love last year's but then we missed two weeks of it when the power was out. We were completely lost. So, who do you think will be the next supreme?

J

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I haven't really watched tv since I was a kid - but this sounds intriguing. I wonder if it is on Hulu or Youtube yet?

The sets are amazing, in total agreement with you.

DIYbyDesign said...

I am not familiar with this show, but I love the sets. Those chandeliers are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

The set is beautiful. The first season was amazing. I need to watch it again. The second one starts out slow and then gets good. The current season started off badass and now it's slowing down. I hope the finally is killer! Love this show!

Anonymous said...

I have never watched this show, but the set is stunning! Wow, the chandeliers are gorgeous!

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy,
I have not watched this season which my two daughters keep telling me I am missing the best! I will have to do a catch up. I do love those chandeliers. So pretty.
Kris

NanaDiana said...

I have never seen the show but that is a great backdrop. I have not seen Jessica Lange in anything in a long time. I always liked her acting. Thanks for the tip- xo Diana

This N That said...

Beautiful sets..I don't know about the show..I'd probably like it though...

Celestina Marie said...

HI Kathy, I have not seen this show, but the sets and furnishings are gorgeous. Love the chandeliers.
The details on that table is beautiful.
Have a great weekend.
HUGs

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I haven not seen this show but wish I had. Maybe I can catch up on dvd.
Beautiful settings.

hugs
Sissie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I've never watched it, but can see how you'd get attached. Isn't it funny how we sometimes pay more attention to the props?

Jane said...

Kathy, this show is one of my favorites. First off, I love the fact that the producers hired persons who are mentally challenged, overweight and a person of color. (I don't know the proper terminally so I hope I haven't offended anyone).

As for the show, how could you not like the show? It has two of the greatest female stars in history, Jessica Lange & Kathy Bates! And the story line, well I'd hate to ruin it for anyone who isn't up to date!

The house/set is fabulous! The grand staircase, the gigantic rooms, the chandeliers and the main color, white, make this house grand! And I'm with you Kathy. Fiona's bedroom is my favorite!

I am so ready for this next show. Any guesses on who's the next supreme?

sweetvintageofmine said...

No I haven't seen the show but LOVE looking at all the eye candy you've shown!! Beautiful! Blessings~~~Roxie

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I have not watched the show. I do love the pictures you posted.

The Country Nest said...

Wow I haven't seen this show, but I am going to find it. Love the sets and the cast. I once had a home for sale with a couple of stunning Waterford Chandeliers. One, the large on was electronically lowered for cleaning.
Beautiful!

Art and Sand said...

I am not familiar with the show, but that dining room table is to die for.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I do not get to watch much TV lately, but I think I would like this show for the beautiful set!!

Olive said...

I watched the first season but not this one. I do love these images. I have a lot of gilt in my living room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...