Monday, January 6, 2014

My Favorite Projects of 2013

The year in review of projects, which is always fun to look back on, because sometimes I forget what I’ve done over the course of the year.  Jumping back to January, my favorite, and the most popular {with 2,811 views), was the Kindle cover I made.

SONY DSC

In April, I was happy to come up with something I liked for our small entry/foyer in our condo. 

SONY DSC

I feel like I accomplished a lot in May and three favorites are from that month.  My grain sack table makeover.

SONY DSC

The clothespin bag I made from the cloth packaging that held a dust ruffle.

 

SONY DSC

And my jewelry armoire makeover.

SONY DSC

In June, I made a crib size rag quilt, which was a first for me, for a new baby gift.

SONY DSC

In July, I had two projects that I enjoyed doing.  One was this clock makeover for my granddaughter.

SONY DSC

As well as the cabinet door makeover, from one I found at Goodwill. 

SONY DSC

In August, I loved the magnetic frame I did from a framed print. The frame was so pretty and I was really happy with how this turned out.

2013 08 07_2138

I also tried sewing Christmas stockings for the first time and was really pleased with the way they turned out.

SONY DSC

Popular on Pinterest, and something I enjoyed making for my son, in September was this double-sided anatomy and skull pillow.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I was happy to get around to making some new chair slips out of dropcloth in October.

SONY DSC

My Hotel de Paris sign in November had a lot of views and doing this sign gave me the confidence to look forward to doing more along this line.

SONY DSC

Ending the year with a new lampshade project for our master bedroom in December. 

SONY DSC

I’ve realized as I’ve looked back over these posts that there were a lot of “first time” projects for me, which I am so glad now that I gave a try.  Have you found that you have done the same?  I’m looking forward to seeing what projects I will take on in 2014!

21 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

This was a great idea to have a recap of some of your projects in one place! All of your creations are great but I love, love, love the grain sack table and the skeleton pillow. You have many talents...thanks for sharing them here!
Stay warm Kathy,
xoxo
Joyce

Debbiedoos said...

You had some fabulous projects Kathy! I am betting 2014 even more!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, You sure had a wonderful and productive year of creating and everything is gorgeous. You are one talented girl and everything you do turns our fabulous.
Wishing you another great and creative year in 2014.
I have to go back and view your pics again. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
Hugs

Decor To Adore said...

I remember each and every one of these projects and find it impossible to pick a favorite.

Here's to an even more creative 2014!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I loved all of your projects through the year, you are so talented and it's always fun to see what you are creating next. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! You were a busy gal last year. I love all of your pretty projects and I'm sure you have lots more up your dainty little sleeves for this year. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

deco.szuflada said...

I love yours projects ! Greetings, iszart

Cynthia said...

Kathy, you always have such great projects. What a terrific 2013 can't wait for 2014!!! Loved reading over at Kris's.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I remember these projects! I loved them then and still do! I adore the grain sack table! You've given me a great idea for a chair seat! You are so creative and talented! You've been busy and I'll bet you are already thinking about 2014 projects!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You have so many wonderful projects that it's impossible to pick a favorite, though receiving one of your lovely stockings was a highlight for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new year brings for you. :)

Nancy said...

Such a Beautiful Collection for your Home, I just Love your Foyer Wall!! I am still using some of the Fabric we ordered from Ballards, looks like you are too. Do you ever watch the Show "Revenge" on Sunday nights? One of the main characters favorite chair is made from the same Fabric, and I so want that Chair! Well I am looking forward to all of your Great Creations for 2014!!

Huggs, Nancy

This N That said...

Love the Kindle cover and all things Black and White..except maybe the "Bones"..You have accomplished so much..Lots of ideas there..Busy brain LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow,Kathy, you had a very creative year with some fantastic projects. I remembered a lot of these and kept thinking, "That was her project, too?!" You are so very talented! Can't wait to see what you create this year1

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

There are some great projects! The grain sack table is gorgeous! The jewelry armoire is awesome! I want to find one now to paint. The skull pillow is soo cool!

Olive said...

You are very talented. I must have missed the chair slip covers. They are terrific. best, olive

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You have had so many great projects in 2013..it would be so hard for me to pick favorites as they were all so fantastic!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, You always have the most creative and wonderful projects! I look forward to seeing more in 2014.
Hugs,
Sherry

Gail said...

What great projects Kathy! You are so talented and creative and I can't wait to see what you have in store for this new year. Blessings, Gail

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I loved seeing all your beautiful projects Kathy!!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

You created and made some awesome decor items.....I think that clothespin bad is tooo sweet! Looking forward to seeing all you create for 2014...I need inspired! Blessings~~~Roxie

Mom E. said...

Kathy,
I love the things you have made this year. The look of toile is so pretty to me!
How did your Son in law gift go? with the Baker's tag on it? what a great idea!
Thanks for coming by my blog!
hugs,
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...