Thursday, January 9, 2014

Projects I’d Like To Try In 2014

I thought I’d make a record of the projects I’d like to try in 2014.   In no particular order, here are some that have caught my interest.  I have all these saved on my Pinterest boards.  The problem is that sometimes these things get lost in the shuffle, so hopefully doing this post will help me out.

SEWING PROJECTS:

Useful and pretty - good for using up pretty scraps. I love these!

These pretty, what I would call, “sewing companions”.  A great way to use up some of those smaller pieces of leftover fabric.  I’ve bookmarked this blog since the Pinterest picture doesn’t take you to the actual post, so I will have to look for it when I’m ready to make them.  Otherwise, I will just go off the picture.  She’s got lots of creative ideas.

Use the pre-made ruffles from Joann's ~ maybe?

I’d like to try something like this dress for my granddaughter.  I think it could be an easy project.

Upcycled jeans kindle cover tutorial. Cute!

Source not available through Pinterest

Another Kindle cover. I think this would be an easy project using the bottom leg of jeans {which is already finished}.

DIY Projects:

Hand Painted Christmas Signs

This “Peace” sign and/or something similar to this “Noel” sign.

Thrift Shop Letter & Junk Wood Noel Sign www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

{Filthy to Fancy} Organizer Makeover.  A dirty hardware organizer gets a fancy French makeover.

A wooden organizer I have in my craft/sewing room will be getting a makeover that I’d like to do similar to this one.

CRAFTS:

By Amy Rozeboom

Something; anything, with all the Altoids tins I’ve been holding onto!

Rag lamp shade {for my craft sewing room lamp}.

A rag lampshade for the second lamp in my craft/sewing room.

I’m sure I’ll come across more things I want to try making or doing, but I think these will give me a good start for the new year!

19 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are some great projects Kathy! Have fun creating this year!

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Very neat projects, Kathy! I love the sewing companions. I want to do that lamp shade now too! I love how bloggers do other peoples projects and put their own style and spin on it. Have a great day! ~ Jamie

Scrap for Joy said...

You have picked some really nifty projects for this year. If I made everything I have pinned to my Pinterest "do it" board, I wouldn't have time to sleep! I am lusting for your lamp shade...so beautiful!
Show us your progress :- D
Is Ohio warming up yet? Pittsburgh is supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday! Crazy Winter!
xoxo
Joyce

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I know you can knock these out of the park, Kathy. Go for it!

DIYbyDesign said...

I can't wait to see your take on these projects. I have a pinterest page with all ideas I want to make too. I also really enjoyed your year in review post. It's so fun to look back.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

All of those projects look great. I especially like the kindle cover. Have fun!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, these are great projects and I know you will get them accomplished. I have already been working on the rag style projects with wire baskets and love the process.
Have fun!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Those are great projects Kathy! I love the first picture...those would even make cute utensil holders for a tablescape.

KimMalk said...

What a great idea to post projects to try, Kathy! It keeps you accountable, plus gives us inspiration. P.s. I really like the projects on your previous post, especially the stockings. Every time I think I am "done" with stockings and see new ones I'd like! Hugs, Kim

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you have selected some great projects! I love the sewing companion; it's so cute! I also love the signs; I have pinned these to give them a try too. Thank you for all the inspiration! I look forward to seeing these projects completed! You're so talented!

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'd go for the peace sign and the lamp shade. Still wish I could sew. It's refreshing to see what someone's looking forward to, rather than just what they've done!

Patty Antle said...

I want to alter an altoid tin too!

Stacey said...

That little dress is so cute! I've seen aprons made similarly too. How fun that you have a list of things to make. Great idea.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You have an incredible wish list of projects…and I am sure you will accomplish each one!! Have a great weekend!

20 North Ora said...

I agree that you can get so many things on Pinterest that you forget about! Good idea to do a post to remind yourself of your goals.

Great post.

Judy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

How smart of you to make a list of projects...I just seem to jump from one thing to the other! I love that noel sign on the old board and that little girls dress is ADORABLE. Ok, we will hold you to it, can't wait to see them all!

Carol

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

You're already on a roll, planning out projects for 2014. These all look like fun ideas! Love that cute sewing kit. Have fun with it all!

Musings From A French Cottage said...

I love all of these projects, especially the little dress! I may try that one for my daughter - love it!

Kathleen

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

So funny! I pinned the little sewing cases today - they are sooo cute! Love the lampshade too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...