Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Artist Behind The Etsy ~ Marionberry Cottage

button_edited-1

Being a part of the Etsy community, not only as a seller but as a customer, I have come across many talented individuals.  With this series, I hope to introduce you to some of these creative people, finding out where they find their inspiration, and a little bit more about them.

I am very pleased to introduce you to Debbi of Marionberry Cottage this week.   Debbi not only has an Etsy shop, but she also has a blog and a website.  If you embrace the cottage lifestyle, you will just adore Debbi’s creations!

 

I am Debbi Oeltjen, I live in western Oregon in a small rural town called Sublimity. Named by the early settlers because the green rolling hills were simply “sublime”. My husband Jim and I have two grown children and two granddaughters Lynsie Jean and Lilian Grace. We love to vacation in tropical destinations with our favorite being the big island of Hawaii. After many years of working a day job and pursuing my art as hobby, I decided two years ago to live my dream as a full time textile, mixed media and graphic artist.

Multi pocket craft/sewing organizer Blue/Pink Vintage Cottage Southern Belle shabby cottage ECS, rdtt svfteam

Kindle Nook Kobo Sleeve Cover French Subway words Paris Eiffe tower Black ECS

I opened my etsy shop in 2007. I had sold on ebay for a few years, but got discouraged with the high fees. Joining etsy opened many new doors of opportunity and lasting friendships with other sellers and customers. I also joined a ning group Etsy Cottage Style and eventually became the administrator. Today the community is called Embracing Cottage Style. http://embracingcottagestyle.com

Cottage Kitchen towel OVEN Sun DRESS Shabby Cottage Chic Cameo pink roses ecs  svfteam

I find my color inspiration from nature and the flowers of the garden. I am a passionate cottage gardener and grow many English and old fashioned roses. Many of my designs are centered around roses. I also have a love of old lace and crochet, collecting pieces both perfect and tattered. I am always finding new inspiration with these well loved treasures.

Retro  pink roses on yellow vintage jello mold Pin/Jewelry Keep ECS svfteam rdtt

Netbook or tablet sleeve Vintage crochet soft yellow floral cottage roses

One of the most enjoyable aspects of my art is being able to see a vision in my head of what I can do with a single piece of fabric, a box, a frame, or piece of crochet. I rarely have a plan or a pattern, I let the vision or idea guide me as I design. Therefore my creations are truly one of a kind.

Vintage crochet Gypsy Boho handbag with claret floral ruffles slouchy purse tote rdtt svfteam

Cottage Rose Pillow French Toile Provence pink roses on blue pillow ecs rdtt svfteam

I have 2 etsy shops and a website
http://CottageRoseGraphics.etsy.com
http://MarionberryCottage.com
http://TheFridayFlea.com

 

Debbi

Thank you, Debbi, for sharing your creative journey and inspiration!  You can visit Debbi at all three of her site links (above).

 

8 comments:

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Lovely feature, and beautiful shop! Thank you, Kathy, for introducing us to Debbi!
xo,
Lin

Anonymous said...

This is a great feature with many lovely items! Thank you for introducing us to Debbi, her Etsy shop and blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks you for sharing about Debbie and her crafts - love them! Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, such a nice feature for Debbi. She is very talented and her items are special. I met Debbi about 7 years ago in a swap and then later being apart of ECS. I have several of her gorgeous treasures too.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks you for sharing about Debbie and her crafts I love them!
Romantic Bedroom

farmhouse-story said...

thanks for sharing, debbi, kathy! love her bag and her site has so many pretty things!

Okio B Designs said...

Such beautiful pieces. Loving that pin cushion!

Jeanine

Stitchfork said...

A very nice feature of Debbi's talent!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...