Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Table Place Cards

Me and The Graphics Fairy have been “like this” the past few days.  I have a third post in as many days that involves an image from her site.  If you haven’t visited Karen’s blog before you will love all the images she offers for us all to download.  This project is for my Christmas Day table.

DSC00070

I got these ornament place card holders from the Michaels dollar bin.  The selection was basically limited to green and red, but for $1.00 for two I’m not complaining.

wreath-vintage-christmas-clipart-graphicsfairy001c

Now I needed place cards.  I used this wreath image from The Graphics Fairy, opened it in Photoshop and added the names with the text function {in Edit}.

DSC00064

I used the same font I used for the Santa key tag {Open Classic} and printed them on my always favorite brochure paper.   I cut them out and I have place cards!

DSC00068

I had also looked through my gift tags to use as place cards {and you could handwrite your guests’ names}, but the tags I have on hand weren’t grabbing me.   Of course, you can also make your own using scrapbook paper, card stock and embellishments, but this was the quick and easy route for me.

Now I just have to get the dishes washed up and I’ll be ready to set my table!

22 comments:

Sherry said...

I looked around to see what you have been up to. You have been very busy creating and I love the place cards. I would sure like to get my hands on some of those ornament place card holders. The Graphics Fairy sure has some great images. Merry Christmas!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
These tags look like the perfect detail for your holiday table. I can't wait to see it!

hugs
Sissie

Angie Acapella said...

That looks so festive! Great idea!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, I LOVE this idea! You have been so creative these past weeks with awesome ideas! I am calling it done at my house...finally!! We go to my girlfriends on Christmas day, so I might make some of these for her!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Lou Cinda

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Gorgeous! Love that font! Your table is going to beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Blondie's Journal said...

I received some of those ornaments as a gift...now I know how to make place cards for them. Thanks, Kathy!

XO,
Jane

BumbleBeeLane said...

So festive! Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Kathy I love Graphics Fairy! She is the best! I really like the wreath place cards and printing the names too, I never would have thought of that. Great idea! Those placecard holders from Michaels are too cute and a good deal for sure! Merry Christmas!

Ali Rockwell said...

Very cute!!! Michaels dollar bins are the BEST.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea, Kathy! So cute and festive.

Merry Christmas!

DIYbyDesign said...

Such a creative idea. I love it.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

They're beautiful, Kathy! You really do put Karen's graphics to good use with your creative talents. ;)

Have a very blessed Christmas with your family, friends, and that precious new grandbaby!

By the way, there's still time to enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Just click the picture in the sidebar for details.

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love 'em! What an easy festive touch that makes a great impact for a little bit of money.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Kathy,

I came by to catch up and to wish you a Merry Christmas. Boy you sure ahve been creatively busy! I like your placecards and holders and am sure they will look so festive on your holiday table.

I hope you and your family have a truly merry Christmas!

~ Tracy

The Single Nester said...

I didn't see these at my local Michaels. But then again, it has been lacking lately. I actually wrote the CEO a letter this week. I don't kid around :) Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful table you're going to have!
Merry Christmas!
Denise

Ann said...

Oh they are lovely...
Haven't been to Karen's blog, but I'm definitely heading there now.

Thanks for the link:)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Fabulous Kathy! So very pretty!
Merry Christmas
XO
Kristin

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

She has the BEST images!! And I like what you've done with them.

Merry Christmas!

The Tuscan Home said...

Love this idea! I will snag this idea for next year...very cute and festive! XOXO ~Liz

ChArIsSe said...

hello kathy! love the color of the christmas ball, love it! thanks for sharing with us your brill idea with us as always. God bless! Parol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...