Monday, September 30, 2013

Fairy Tea Time Bow Holder

SONY DSC

Recently, my son-in-law painted an upstairs bathroom for my granddaughter from blue to pink.  When I saw this wallpaper at the Brewster Home Fashions website, I knew it would be perfect for a couple of projects to help decorate it.  This is another one of the wallpaper samples I got from Brewster.

The first thing I decided to make was a bow holder.  My granddaughter is more amenable to wearing them these days, so she has quite a few now.  I think having one neat place to keep them all will be helpful.  I started out with a wood plaque from Michael’s and painted the edging with a mix of two different brand name chalk paints in pink.  I had mixed them together to make up enough for another project I had done and had just enough left over for this project.

SONY DSC

I traced out the front of the plaque on the back of the wallpaper.  I used Mod Podge to apply the wallpaper to the plaque.  Once it dried, I applied one coat to the top.

SONY DSC

Once that all dried, I chose my ribbon and cut it to length.  I stapled it to the front of the board.

SONY DSC

To cover the staples, I picked up a package of three different shades of pink flower buttons.  I didn’t realize it until I got home, but the flowers actually fit in with the flowers in the image on the wallpaper.  I clipped of the backs and hot glued them in place over the staples.

SONY DSC

Done and ready to hold some bows! 

SONY DSC

The final addition of a sawtooth hanger to the back and it is good to go, providing some wall décor as well as being functional.

17 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a cute idea. I love it. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So sweet...I love it KAthy!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Kathy! We have TONS of bows to corral, and I've gotten Baby Love a couple of the ribbons that have the D ring on them, but you still need to find a place to hang the ribbon, so this is a great solutions (some going to Etsy??). Great idea! ~Zuni
Thanks for stopping by my bargains post and commenting! :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy this is too cute. I may have to make something like this for my granddaughter Abby. Adorable.
Kris

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Too cute for words. You are so creative. Love this!

Karen @ A Stylish Interior said...

This is adorable Kathy! Makes me wish my girls were little again.
Karen

Cynthia said...

Kathy, this is just adorable and very pretty!

Cynthia

Marianne said...

Very cute, Kathy! I'll have to make something like this for my granddaughter. Thanks for sharing!

Gail said...

How adorable Kathy! I wish I had a granddaughter because I would make one. I have three grandsons....even the granddogs are all boys...LOL!! Hugs, Gail

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy such a great and creative idea. So cute. Love that paper design.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is the cutest idea! I know she'll love it! The wallpaper sample was a perfect for the plaque! I know she'll love her hair bows even more now!

Stitchfork said...

Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled Kathy!

Okio B Designs said...

That is just the cutest thing ever!

Jeanine

Karen said...

That is adorable and a great idea for storing bows. I wish that I had this when my girls were little.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh my Kathy..that is so very cute!!!..Great job and love the artwork!

farmhouse-story said...

this is adorable,kathy! such a clever idea using the wallpaper!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What charming wallpaper and such a cute idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...