Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Frame Makeovers

I’ll start off by saying sorry.  I did not take any before pictures of these frames.  They are wood and were oak.  Pretty plain.  I had used them to hold some decorative pictures at my old job and they have just been sitting around waiting to be noticed.  I won a print from Curly Willow, not too long ago, and I wanted to use one frame for that because it was the perfect size at 11 x 14. 

DSC07846_6863

I gave it a quick spray of Heirloom White {and by quick I mean it was at the end of the can}.   I kept the mat that came with the frame and just put it behind the print.  It may come in handy at some point in the future and this is a convenient way to store it. 

DSC07848_6865

This print will be going in this room I am giving you a sneak peek at.  My hubby painted this room while I was in New York visiting and it will be getting a mini-transformation.  Once I get everything back where it belongs, that post will be coming shortly.

good moms_blue

I used the second frame for something for my daughter.  I had seen the print above at Tatertots and Jello {probably around Mother’s Day} and saved it for future use.  I painted the second frame with Rustoleum Black Satin spray paint.  Since I printed this one out myself I used the mat, as it is an 8 x 10 print.

DSC07853_6870

I took about 15 pictures just to get a couple to post that had no glare.

SONY DSC

Two frames that were doing nothing are now put to good use! 

My current giveaway is from PrintRunner for 250 business cards! Ends June 11, 2012.

18 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

I love these prints and that's great using those frames.

Debbie said...

I like them both. I'm constantly buying up frames at garage sales and the reStore, but I have been lame about redoing them lately.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The frames look great painted. Cute prints!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Nicely done and they look fabulous!!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

A great reuse of the frames, Kathy! And being the "word" person that I am, I love that they were both used to display such fun quotes. ;)

Thanks for your recent visit. I would love to have you link up to Time Travel Thursday this week. And be sure to stop in on Thursday for my latest giveaway.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Beautiful as always. Would love to do the second one for my DL. So sweet.
Thanks honey for coming by and entering my giveaway. I love it when I can have one as I know you do to.
Strange I woke up thinking of you this morning. So is there anything going on today that makes me have you so strong on my mind. lol
Love ya
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love both of these prints! They look fabulous!

Okio B Designs said...

Amen for the mom one! I know I can TOTALLY relate to that. And I love the first framed print. Cute play on that phrase.

J

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The frames look great Kathy and I love the prints!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love your prints, I think I need one of the first one sitting near my desk. lol Great use of your frames, I know you're going to enjoy seeing these darling prints.. hugs ~lynne~

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, Both the frames and the sayings turned out super cute! I can't wait to see how that room turns out!! :) ~ Jamie

Rooms by Ann said...

Kathy, what a great use of the frames. I love both sayings.

Kelly said...

That's a great way to reuse those frames. I like the quotes on those pictures.

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a great painting job, Kathy, and I love the prints!!

XO,
Jane

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, I know exactly what the frames looked like. Much better now.

Deserae said...

The frames look great....very cute!
~Des

Gail said...

Another great make-over by you Kathy! I love the quotes and no doubt your daughter your will love hers. Enjoy your day, Gail

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the frames and I love that quote..."Keep Calm and Carry On"...I need to tape that to my head!
Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...