Friday, June 8, 2012

From My Bookshelves

Saturday morning I pulled some of my decorating books off the shelves to look through again.  These two caught my eye given that I am going to be making valances for our sunroom.  I am so glad I have held onto these books.  They’ve been around for awhile now.

DSC07882_6891

The Better Homes & Garden book is wonderful for ideas and inspiration for window treatments.  They have some of my favorites in this book that I have loved seeing in their magazine over the years.

DSC07888_6897

Balloon valances have always been a favorite of mine.  I had several of them in my house at one time.

DSC07889_6898

The second book is a great reference book for home sewing window treatments.  Pages for measuring.

DSC07885_6894

Selecting fabrics.

DSC07884_6893

Which treatment works best for your use. 

DSC07883_6892

This was a good tool for me to use because I had been going back and forth over panels vs. valances.  This chart showed me that valances were really the best choice for me for the sunroom.

DSC07886_6895

Lots of pictures and illustrations, along with directions on the how-to’s.

DSC07887_6896

Great additions to my library that have come in handy several times over the years that I have owned them.

My current giveaway is from PrintRunner for 250 business cards! Ends June 11, 2012.

9 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What a great resource! I found an older decorating book at a yard sale several months ago, and the concepts and ideas were still very much in style ...classics never go out! Good luck on choosing your window treatments! :)

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I have several older books like that I refer to all the time! Just because the fabric may be way out of style, you can still see the lines of something and follow the look!
Blessings, Lorraine

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have some design books I will never part with. I know just what you mean!
Brenda

Unknown said...

I think I have one of those hanging around here somewhere. They do have some great ideas. I'll have to see if I can find mine!

Kelly said...

Those look like great books for your home decorating library! Books like that never go out of style. Glad that they are coming in handy for your latest project.

Unknown said...

I love balloon curtains too. :)

Amy Chalmers said...

I have those books and tons more...always love finding the right inspiration photo before I start a new curtain job!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I've had balloon curtains too :) I can't wait to see your beautiful new valances.

Dee

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Years ago..I had some beautiful balloon valances made from one of my favorite Laura Ashley prints...they were in the master...but through the years, I decided that hubby needed a break from the "foo-foo"...The books are such great references for inspiration...Have fun...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...