Thursday, June 7, 2012

Randomness

Just some random things that don’t warrant a post on their own today.  Now that the sunroom has been painted {SW Interactive Cream}, while I was in Hobby Lobby I decided to look at some fabric for window treatments.  I saw two I liked; one was a toile called Vauxhill  Java by Covington, a linen that had a tan background {not the dark brown shown here, but it apparently comes in a few colors}.

vauxhalljava

And this one called Covington Siena.  They actually had a couple of small swatches pinned to the bolt, so I took two for a little bigger view.  Below it is on our sectional.

DSC07871_6888

It is a linen and I really love the pattern.  I think my hubby is probably all toiled out, so I don’t think I could do that to him.  I think this pretty floral would work well though.  The picture below shows it on a chair that is a shade darker than the sectional.  So it seems to work with the colors in the room.

DSC07872_6889

I also received a sign I ordered from Paula at Castle and Cottage.  I ordered this sign for the guest bedroom and will hang it over the bed once I get the headboard.  Such a great size and Paula does a beautiful job.

DSC07873_6890

Finally, I added a few new things to my Etsy shop. 

DSC07856_6873

DSC07862_6879

DSC07864_6881

DSC07870_6887

I have one adult size apron left, too, {added two of those last week} but just picked up another white one while at Hobby Lobby, so I’ll be adding that soon. 

DSC07780_6800

Speaking of Etsy, please welcome the Etsy shop of   No Minimalist Here as one of my sponsors.  Sherry’s button is over on my sidebar and I hope that you will visit her shop {after you visit mine, of course!}.

My current giveaway is from PrintRunner for 250 business cards! Ends June 11, 2012.

15 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Both fabrics are beautiful Kathy!

Okio B Designs said...

Oooh, love the guest room sign!

J

Sonny G said...

I love the Covington Sienna ,, beautiful and so light.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Like your random shots today, Kathy! You h ave such a talented eye, too for awesome textures and fabrics!

Always such a pleasure to see what you post!!

Have a wonderful day.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both fabrics are so pretty, I love the toile, but do realize you can go overboard with too much. Hugs, Marty

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Dear Kathy!
What a beautiful blog! I will follow you here and also on Pinterest!
I loved the fabrics, I liked the floral better, but I am also needing a toile for a little stool I am recovering! Loved your Etsy items, I will put your shop in my favourites!
Nice to meet you!!!

Stitchfork said...

I can really see how you are called Kathy @ Creative Home!
xo Cathy

Anonymous said...

I love both fabrics too!! I know it's so hard to pick. I love your sign too.

Kathy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy, I am not sure about you, but it takes me a while to choose fabrics....I am so indecisive when there are so many beautiful patterns out there now to choose from....I am sure that you will pick the perfect one!
They are both beautiful...
Have a great day!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that floral fabric. Of course I love the toile, too. I have one of Paula's signs too in my dining room. Bought it before I started blogging.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I love both fabrics. The Covington Siena would be beautiful in your sunroom.

Your new sign in beautiful! I love the shape of it and the crown.

Your Etsy shop treasures are very pretty.

Dee

Donna, The Decorated House said...

I'm eager to see to see what you do with those pretty windows! Both fabrics are pretty, and would work. Wonder which one you choose.... we'll see!

Rooms by Ann said...

Kathy, I love the dark toile, That sign is beautiful.

Gail said...

Kathy, both of your fabric choices are beautiful but I do love that floral one! I would look beautiful in your sun room. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I have to tell you I think we were at the antique market the same day! I held the egg basket in my hands for some time. It's a beauty, and you have made it even more so! I love your bathroom! I also got a giggle from the Kids and sticky floors sign. Both of these fabrics are so beautiful! It would be hard to choose. Looking forward to the finished area. Have a great weekend! Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...