Monday, July 1, 2013

Bits and Bobs

SONY DSC

A few random things to share today.  Last week I bought some under cabinet puck lights for the kitchen and I left those for hubby to do.  I also bought some rope lighting for on top of the main stretch of cabinets {since there is an outlet up there}.  I love how it looks lit up at night.

SONY DSC

It gives a nice soft glow, which is great for when you are just watching television in another room and may want to pop into the kitchen for a drink or snack, without putting the main light on.

2013 06 19_1757

I also hit a garage sale one day when I was coming home from a {new to us} park with my daughter and granddaughter.  We were so hot, but it was a big garage sale and we couldn’t resist stopping to check it out.  I’m glad we did because I found a couple of small terracotta pots.  One will be for the new little fern I bought recently.  The other I will paint, put an image on, and bring to my booth.  I also found this tureen! 

SONY DSC

The lid handle is broken off of it, but for $1.00 I felt I could live with that.  I am going to see if I can get a handle at Hobby Lobby and attach it to the lid with some epoxy or something.

2013 06 21_1733

I also decided to go with it because it is the final tureen I needed to complete the collection above my one area of cabinets in the kitchen.

SONY DSC

I cut some of the pink hydrangeas that I planted around the condo last year.  It was well worth going out every single day last year during the very hot and humid Summer we had to water them. 

SONY DSC

I’ve been rewarded with these gorgeous blooms!  These make me happier than hydrangeas normally do because they are the first thing {besides a couple of annual pots and urns} that I’ve put in around our new home.

SONY DSC

That’s about all that’s going on in my little corner of the world!

21 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- That lighting looks awesome. I love lighting like that at night. That tureen looks good and if you put it up top no one will even know it is missing its handle...and if you glue one on it will look like it was always there. Loving your little corner of the world- xo Diana

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Love the hydrangeas and tureen collection! Have a great week!

Xo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your new tureen, such a pretty shape. They looks wonderful on top of your cabinets and I really like he lighting too. Hugs, Marty

Stitchfork said...

Love the pitcher of hydrangeas! Your hard work last summer paid off brilliantly!

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy,
I love the lighting above your cabinets. It looks so pretty at night. You will love the puck lights too. That is what I have under my cabinets in my kitchen and it makes everything so bright at night. Happy 4th of July.
Kris

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The lighting looks great above your cabinets! I need to go out and cut some of our hydrangea blooms. Yours look pretty in your white pitcher.

Olive said...

The hydrangeas are beautiful. I do love mine too. Your tureen collection is fabulous.

Okio B Designs said...

Everything's looking good! And really who can see the piece missing from the tureen all the way up there! It's like when I worry about gray hair on the top of my head and then I remember few people can see the top of my head. =)

J

Cynthia said...

What a great tureen and the hydrangeas are beautiful. Love the pitcher they are displayed in, pretty.

Cynthia

This N That said...

Love the lights Kathy..Lighting can make a huge difference..Hydrangeas are favorites of mine..I had them plant two here for me...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your kitchen cabinet lighting. So inviting and cozy in the evening. So glad you found one more tureen for your upper cabinet collection.

I love hydrangeas too and enjoy bringing them inside.
Have a great week.
Hugs!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are gorgeous blooms! You probably already know this but, you can dry them in water and they'll keep their color better than drying them hanging upside down.

Love the lights Kathy! Aren't they great - just a pretty light a night.

At The Picket Fence said...

Beautiful finds Kathy and the tureens look so fantastic on top of your cabinet! :-)
Vanessa

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathy,
You were quite productive in making your home softer and more convenient for evenings. Also love your hydrangeas and the tureen might get her face lift soon and will be perfect!
Hugs,
Mariette

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your collection of tureens!...and your hydrangeas are so beauitiful...can't wait to make a bouquet with mine...and also, the lights look amazing above the cabinets!! Have a safe and happy 4th Kathy!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great accent lighting. What a beautiful glow.

Anonymous said...

Love the lights!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Wow, the lighting on the cabs looks really dramatic and enchanting! What a nice touch for the kitchen.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful bits, Kathy.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the tureen score! I collect them, too, my family thinks I'm crazy! Our hydrangeas did not even bloom last year due to the drought in the Midwest. This year we are in business! Yours are beautiful, congrats. Oh, and love the lights, too (in my house we call them "happy lights," a reference back to our college days:))

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely tureen collection. I love the lighting above counters too! Love the effect at night that they bring too,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...