Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cute Little Wood Sled

A cute little wood sled that was $2.00 at a garage sale.  Since I found one with the metal runners about three years ago back in New York, I made this one over for my booth.

2013 07 15_1906

I painted it up with Old White chalk paint.

2013 07 18_2044

I added a simple ribbon bow to the top and that was it!  Here is how it would look hanging on a front door.  Of course, you could do so much more to it like painting a design on it, using vinyl lettering, stencil it, but I decided to keep it simple for whoever buys it to add their own embellishment or personal touch.

2013 07 18_2042

I brought this to my booth already since they had a Christmas in July promotion going on last weekend.

13 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks great on your front door- I love the color of door!!

Okio B Designs said...

Very pretty - love the white and the bow. I was just looking at the big one I got earlier this year. Planning to do a union jack on it. Wish me luck!

Jeanine

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Super cute and clever of you to replicate it!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love the color of the bow against the white! Very nice!~~Angela

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

I love the sled painted white. I think it's great that you kept it plain for someone else to add their own touch to it. I looked for a sled for my front door this past winter with no luck at all. Hope you're having a really nice summer. We're doing well here. Olivia is doing great. She's super alert now and she smiled at me for the first time last week! :) ~ Jamie

NanaDiana said...

What a cute addition to your shop for Christmas in July. I love it- xo Diana

Ivy and Elephants said...

Sweet, such a cute idea.
Can't wait for the holidays!
Hugs,
Patti

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

CUTE, Kathy!!!

This N That said...

It's adorable Kathy..Maybe I'd have you embellish it for me!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

So cute, Kathy. I have been eyeing a sled at our shop, but it's a full size oldie, and more than I want to pay. I'm hoping I can get a discount- ha! :D

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Really cute--great on the door!

Olive said...

That is beautiful and I love it in white.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kathy,
Love the sled re-do!! So cute!! Thanks so much for always stopping by and for having such nice things to say...

Hugs,
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...