Monday, July 8, 2013

Thrifty Treats Under $30.00

Last week, while waiting for Friday’s yard sales {after the 4th of July holiday} I decided to hit up Goodwill and drop off some of the fabric I went through recently.   Of course, I had to go in and check out what they had.  Prices were looking a bit high.  Now that I’m done acquiring tureens for my kitchen cabinet top you know I found one.  At $12.99, my $1.00 yard sale tureen find with the missing lid handle was a real bargain, so I passed up the Goodwill one.  I did find a bunch of stuff though.

2013 07 04_1818

For $27.00 and change I came home with this lot.  I’ll be taking the picture out of the pretty decorative frame and painting that up.  The pretty corkboard will be getting a new image on it.  The cabinet door is getting a makeover as well.

2013 07 04_1819

2013 07 04_1822

Two chalkboards for $.99 each.  The larger one was still in its plastic packaging.

2013 07 04_1825

Some Frenchy things ~ this plate clock and an Eiffel tower. 

2013 07 04_1820

2013 07 04_1824

I also found this cute little gazebo type figurine.  I thought this might look cute in my little fairy garden.

2013 07 04_1827

A couple of tops finished off my thrifty shopping.  Now to get to work!  I have a handful of projects to work on, so these will keep me busy for a little while.

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

23 comments:

Sonny G said...


nice new treasures,, LOVEEEE that little plat clock.

Betty said...

You found so many wonderful things. I especially like the clock and the eiffel tower.

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Nice finds!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You scored some great finds!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

There's always a good find at the Good Will. Cool stuff. I like the chalk board.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Blondie's Journal said...

I LOVE that plate clock! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your goodies. We were right near a Goodwill over the weekend and ran out of time to check it out. I've never been to one, believe it or not!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you always find the greatest items! I love these! Your prices were good too! Really cool things!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice finds, Kathy. Now, go work your magic.

Okio B Designs said...

I have had zero luck with Goodwill lately. =( Love the French clock and Eiffel Tower piece. I would have grabbed the chalkboards too!

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Love the clock!

Manda Wolf @ Our Wolf Den
http://ourwolfden.wordpress.com/

Karen said...

You found loads of potential, wow. I know you'll create something beautiful with all of them. Every time I make a donation to Good Will I end up buying something too LOL although the prices are getting stupid ridiculous! I'm still addicted to the place.

Cynthia said...

Great finds!! Can't wait to see you work your magic!!

Cynthia

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, you sure found some great goodies to create with.
Love the clock!
Have fun.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Great finds!! Always love seeing what can be found at Goodwill!~~Angela

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You always find the greatest things at GW!!!...

NanaDiana said...

Looks like some great new finds there, Kathy. Hope you had a really good day- xo Diana

Debra from Bungalow said...

I really like that clock you found. A Goodwill just opened here and I think the prices are way too high, I just keep going back to my fav thrift shop which has better prices.
Great finds!

Unknown said...

Great Finds Kathy, I love Goodwill! and Garage Sales!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy
I am glad that you found some great things at GW. I haven't had much luck there lately and yes, the prices are going up in the thrifts as well.

Hope you are having a nice summer.

hugs
Sissie

sweetvintageofmine said...

Very nice finds! Anxious to see what you do with them! Blessings~~~Roxie

Gail said...

Great finds Kathy! I haven't been to Goodwill in awhile. The last time I was there I noticed an increase in there prices. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You scored some great items- I especially love that clock. I haven't been having much luck lately at the thrift stores, and yard sales haven't been much better. Plus the heat and humidity makes it miserable. Ok, I'll stop whining now. :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I like that clock!

That little gazebo should look perfect in a fairy garden. I've always wanted to make one. I have an old kids wagon that would be perfect since it has rust holes in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...