Friday, July 26, 2013

Great Garage Sale Day

I found a community garage sale not far from me last week.  I love these things because I get to hit more garage sales in one area at one time.  Here are some of the great things I found.

2013 07 11_1925

I’ve been keeping an eye out for books.  I see a lot of paperbacks at most garage sales, but at this particular sale, this lady had out some nice looking books.

2013 07 11_1924

I picked up the four classics for either myself or my daughter {my daughter took them}. 

2013 07 11_1921

I bought the little red books for myself ~ Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tales.  I love the bright red and their little size. 

2013 07 11_1923

At this same house, I also found this blue key plaque {which I’ve already started painting}.  At another house, I found lots of linens and bought these two sets of napkins.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I bought this little guy at a house where I purchased a counter stool and a vanity stool.  I showed you the counter stool makeover here and I’m working on the vanity stool now.

2013 07 11_1922

I also got a little wood sled that is also in the midst of being painted and I hope to show that soon, too.  All in all, a fantastic garage sale day with beautiful weather {before the heat wave hit} and lots of great things to buy! 

14 comments:

Thecreativeme23 said...

Great finds Kathy! Garage sales have been slow here because of the heat and rain - but I am hoping this weekend I will find some treasure since the weather has been beautiful the last few days here in Ontario!

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

Okio B Designs said...

Love the key plaque! Can't wait to see what you painted it!

Jeanine

pam {simple details} said...

What fun finds, Kathy! I always look for books, don't know how I'd style anything without them! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great treasures. It has been way to hot to go to sales here. I love the linens and the books, gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Betty said...

I don't blame you for picking up those red books I would have too. It looks like you got more lovely things from the yard sale too.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love it when there are a few garage sales in one area! The red books will be nice for decorating with too!
LOVE your Christmas stockings!
Happy Weekend!
Warmly,
deb

This N That said...

Great finds Kathy..Having just moved, books were the hardest things to get rid of..Have a great weekend.

NanaDiana said...

You found some really great things and I LOVE those little red books! xo Diana

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Wow, you have had a great time at yard sales. I haven't been very lucky lately. I like those neighborhood sales, too, except for the traffic- it can be a nightmare navigating through the double parked cars!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Great finds!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Wonderful finds, Kathy! I especially love the set of napkins with the lace edges.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you really hit the jackpot! Wow! I love the vintage books and linens- my favorites! The key is a great find too!

Unknown said...

Great finds! I love those community sales, so much goodness in one area!~~Angela

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Great finds! Love the books and the little chicken!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...