Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christmas In July

SONY DSC

Please don’t snort in disgust at me for that post title. Yes, thoughts of Christmas are way to early for me yet, but there was a “Christmas in July” weekend this past weekend at Lebanon Peddlers Mall, where I have my booth space.  I had a few things on hand to bring in, but this year I wanted to try making some stockings for my booth and my Etsy.  Today I’m sharing my first attempt at stockings.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I used some fabric I had that really didn’t have much yardage left to it. In fact, I’m surprised I was able to get two stockings cut from it.  I used the red and white French fabric for the front.

SONY DSC

A quilted cream fabric for the back.

SONY DSC

And a red and white stripe for the cuff.  I followed a pattern from Sew Like My Mom and modified the tutorial to work for me.  There are a lot of tutorials and patterns on Pinterest, too.

SONY DSC

These still need to be ironed and have a ribbon loop added for hanging.

SONY DSC

These are also good practice because I want to make two new stockings for me and the hubby in a black and white scheme to go with our living room, where the fireplace mantel is.  Chances are if I don’t start now, I won’t have them done in time for this Christmas {again}.

SONY DSC

I recently ordered some toile and coordinating ticking stripe from Fabric.com to get started.  While I promise I won’t inundate you with posts about Christmas this early, I will share the stockings when I have them all done.   These two are headed to the booth and then I’ll alternate making them for my Etsy and the booth.  But, mine are up next!

 

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Super cute! I don't think it's too early at all for these projects. I always leave it too late then scramble at the end :)

Okio B Designs said...

Those came out great! Love the colors. So perfect for the holidays.

Jeanine

Cynthia said...

Kathy, does the word LOVE!!! work?
Perfect!

Cynthia

This N That said...

Very cute Kathy..Yes, It's way too early for me to think about Christmas..I usually dread it..Gotta plan ahead though..:)

Diane Mars said...

I like them, very nice I too have been thinking of Christmas crafting~

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Those are very pretty!!! I need to improve my sewing skills!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very pretty, Kathy. I wish they made that fabric in purple! :)

farmhouse-story said...

they are darling, kathy:) i'm hoping to make a couple this year-i should do them now, too!

NanaDiana said...

Happy Christmas in July. I love those toile stocking, Kathy. Toile has always been a favorite with me- xo Diana

Connie said...

Your stocking are so pretty.
I'll bet they sell like hot cakes!
Merry Christmas, LOL
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy, those are adorable! I have never seen that fabric in red!

Carol

Unknown said...

These are so cute. You have inspired me to think about my Christmas projects.

Anonymous said...

These are precious! You always make the cutest things! You're one talented seamstress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...