Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Quickie

I’m in the middle of cooking and cleaning today, but came across an idea that I wanted to share.  Remember how I got this basket at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago?

IMG_5298_2676

And then I spray painted it Heirloom White?

IMG_5319_2713

Well, in my cleaning up I had to get this basket out of the garage so I was putting it in my gazebo.  Which leads me to my great and quick decorating idea.  Yesterday I was in Michaels and I found these little metal signs ~ 50% off.  So I bought three.  I had one leaning near the gazebo originally thinking I’d tack up a nail and hang it.  I picked it up and held it up to the handle of the basket and thought “it’s too bad this can’t get on here”.   But, why not?  Looking at the wire hanger, it was just looped closed, which needle nose pliers opened up for me. 

IMG_5506_2810

I looped it around the handle and used the pliers to reclose the wire around the sign. I love it!

Happy Easter!

16 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Don't you just love it, Kathy, when a decorating idea works out fabulously and you weren't even trying!

I love it!! I need to go to Michaels and Pier 1 later this week.

I'm using my spraypaint today! It takes some getting used to the trigger spray . . .

xxoo

Jennifer @ The Craft House said...

Very cute! It would be pretty with some fresh flowers in it. If your gazebo has seating and a table in it, that kind of basket with flowers in it would be very pretty outdoor decorating!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! That basket is an awesome size. Love that!

Happy Easter Kathy!

XOXO
Jen

Miss Mustard Seed said...

It looks so pretty! I love it when ideas come like that and then they work out. Nice job!

Sharon@KeenInspirations said...

I LOVE those "gotta do it right now projects"! They seem to turn out the best for me. The basket is fresh and springy! It'll be beautiful full of fresh flowers too.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Good thinking!

House Queen said...

I love it too! Happy Easter!!!

Christina said...

Perfect! Have a wonderful Easter!

Leanne said...

I love the basket painted white. It looks completely ready for Spring now. The sign adds a perfect touch. Have a wonderful Easter.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathy,
That's the cutest basket. Love it with the sign and painted white.
Great idea.

hugs
Sissie

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Simple and cute works every time!! I really like this idea. Happy Easter!

Heather Henderson said...

so cute! i've often seen little signs like that but didn't know what to do with them.

Sonny G said...

it looks fabulous.. I must swipe that idea and do it to thebasket I got yesterday.,,

Donna @ Paisley and Perspective said...

Great idea! Have a Happy Easter Kathy!

Heathahlee said...

So cute! I have GOT to get to Michael's!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Kathy!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! You are the sweetest bloggy friend!

XOXO
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...