Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Like This Berry Much!

I like when you can get two things out of one.  Things like this container that held my sunflower bouquet from Sunflowerguy.com.  This is a great little French flower bucket. 

I had this Berry colored spray paint that I bought when I was stocking up on some Heirloom White a month or so ago.  My eye kept going to it and I finally just grabbed one.  Although it’s not a color I’ve been using, I figured there would be a project I could try it out on at some point. This is that project!

IMG_9099

I also found I had a French label that I had printed out from The Graphics Fairy when I was playing around with my glass bottles, and I thought this one would work well with this color.   I put a little distress ink along the edges.

IMG_9119

I rinsed out the container and sprayed it with three good coats.  Here it is good to go!

IMG_9196

I just put a little Mod Podge on the back of the label and put it on the bucket.  When that dried, I put a coat of Mod Podge over it.  That’s it. Done.  Not sure where I’ll use it yet, especially since I don’t have this color in my house {hence the Heirloom white, ORB and black I use all the time}.  I may wind up putting it in my boutique. 

IMG_9271_5185

IMG_9270_5184

Linking up with:

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle


30 comments:

DanielleisNesting said...

That looks so cute! It would work on my vanity!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Very cute! Love that hue too - not to sound like Dr. Seuss or anything... =)

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! The simplicity of it makes it unique and vibrant!

Take care,
Lisa

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very cute Kathy. I love the color and I have used that graphic too. It's really pretty.

Great job.

hugs
Sissie

Sonny G said...

thats so pretty Kathy.. I bet it'll sell quick~!

Holiday Hugs

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Sometimes you just have to create something in colors other than what you live with! I can understand that!
That is adorable and I love the color.

CBB said...

Very nice. Love the pink.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Perfect, Kathy!!

I think I'll be painting mine black or maybe keep it white . . .

xxoo

Heather said...

Very pretty. Love the color!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is simply adorable, Kathy!!! I love it!!!
XO

LouLou said...

Well, how stinkin' cute is that?? I love it! What a fun project....

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

I love the pop of color! I would have a hard time finding a place for it too but it is so pretty! LOVE the Graphics Fairy!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

This is the perfect idea for what I have been wanting in my daughter's bedroom! Thank you for the wonderful idea :D

I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

Unknown said...

Kathy, this rocks. What a great color!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

That is a great color! Nice choice on the label too. I am sorry to hear of your son's accident as well, that's terrible. I am glad he was OK too! Thank God! Please show us your tree as soon as you can, I would love to see how you used the tulle on your tree. I am just totally amazed by this stuff. It is the first time I have used it. I guess I'm a bit behind in decorating trends! Haha!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

You're the best!

Thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party!

Donna said...

Your flower bucket turned out gorgeous! The label is so pretty, and the color you chose it perfect. Oh, I use Heirloom White for just about everything, too, but it's fun to try new colors once and awhile!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

This is just too cute!! I love those little containers and the label just makes it even better!!

Unknown said...

These would go perfectly with my table setting ideas today!

Miss Char said...

Love the transformation, its amazing what a $3 can of paint can do to lift our spirits and I'm a big fan of the graphics fairy too. Thanks for sharing.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

This just looks so sweet and cute!
I love it!
thank you for sharing~
Leticia

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE it! I was considering painting something metal - a lamp, actually. Is there a need to use a primer first, do you think? This is really a lovely flower bucket.

DANA said...

What a great post! I would love for you to link this up to my linky party! http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/link-up-giveaway-and-winner.html

PetraB said...

The bucket looks very pretty, absolutely darling.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love this Berry color! What a great idea Kathy...thank you for sharing :)

LuLu~*xoxo

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Kathy-

The florist bucket looks very chic now. I think you always gotta go with your gut feeling if you like something (the pink paint) - buy it, as you know you will find a use for it. I always say it was meant to be. I have never downloaded anything from the Graphics Fairy - going to go check it out.
My best- Diane

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I absolutely LOVE it! The french label is great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This is sooo pretty Kathy!!! Love the color, it's just right with that label!

Room to Inspire said...

What a cute bucket - this would look sooo cute in my daughters room. I love the french label...

Have a great weekend,
Chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...