Wednesday, November 17, 2010

That Old Thing

I was so thrilled to see that my sister {One Cheap B*tch} set up our Dad’s Etsy shop!  It is called That Old Thing and I am thrilled to see that he is listing his hand-made and painted wood pieces.  I can attest that he puts a lot of thought and love into each piece, making them as realistic as possible with wood and paint.  Here are just a few of his pieces.

thatoldthing.dogHow cute is this little guy?

thatoldthing.dog.2 This guy looks like he’s smiling as he gets ready to dart away!

thatoldthing.noahsark This great Noah’s Ark set.  What a great gift idea and it makes for such a nice statement piece!

thatoldthing.catIf you get a chance, I hope you will swing by and see some of his other pieces.  He has more dogs and a couple of cats, as well.  These make for a great gift idea as they are a good size to fit on a desk, shelf, windowsill or side table.

Don’t forget my Sunflowerguy.com giveaway, which ends on Friday, November 19th!  You could have fresh flowers for your Thanksgiving table!

11 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I guess artistic talent runs in the family! Those are really cute!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ah, such a talented family you have Kathy! I will be sure to check your dad's Etsy shop!!

xxoo

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Kathy, your Dad is so talented.... he does do a great job making them look realistic, their wonderful. I'm headed over to check out his Etsy shop! Thanks for sharing!!!
Daphne

The French Bear said...

How wonderful! I will check it out...love the Noah's Ark.....the talent runs in the family......you are all so artistic!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Blondie's Journal said...

These are really darling. I will definitely check out the shop. What a talented guy!!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

That's great that your dad has jumped on the etsy bandwagon! I hopw he does really well. And how did I miss the fact that One Cheap B*tch was your sister? I thought I read everything on your blog - is my memory really that bad??

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathy, those are fantastic. He is very good! I will have to check those out. Thanks so much for stopping by. The grain sack is just around a regular pillow right now with the extra length folded back. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Go Dad! I will be adding more of his pieces over the weekend. Dear ol' dad is not computer savvy and he has so many more pieces to show!

J

Unknown said...

Kathy,
Thanks for stopping by....I appreciate the compliment but I really do feel like I have a ways to go to catch up with ELizabeth and a few others...my problem is having the "idea" in my mind of what I want to do! It can be really frustrating....your Dad's work is sooo cute! I love the kitten! Thanks fotr stopping by! Sandy

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

You Dad's work is very cute and artistic! That is so great he will have and Etsy site...I will definitely check it out.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

These are so adorable! What a creative idea.
Yvonne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...