Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Little Alice On The Side

DSC04885_4078

Last week, I went with my friend Sue to a couple of antique marts in the area and I came across this book.

DSC04883_4076

For $4.00 I had to pick it up!  Not only was Alice in Wonderland the theme for my daughter’s baby shower tea party, but last year we did a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party here {joining in with Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist}.   This book has great graphics throughout; mostly black and white, but also some color images.

DSC04886_4079

DSC04888_4080

I love the cover and the pages.  It is in excellent condition and I shall look forward to reading this to my granddaughter in a few years.  For now, I think I’ll just take a look through it.  It’s been years since I read about Alice’s adventures!

DSC04894_4084

I also got the chalk paint for my master bedroom dresser and, hopefully, I am doing that as you are reading this! 

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Kathy

18 comments:

eleven-o-one said...

That is a beauty. You granddaughter will love reading it with you.
Fran

Gail said...

Kathy, what a sweet find and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it as much as you do! What color did you decide on for your master bedroom dresser? I've been painting the china cabinet and let me tell you it's cold out in the garage painting that thing. It's taking a lot longer to dry than normally. Enjoy your day painting and remember don't work too hard. Gail

Pamela said...

I would have to have brought that one home too Kathy! It is darling!

DIYbyDesign said...

What a great find. I love that book. It looks like it's in awesome condition. Good luck with the painting.

Okio B Designs said...

What a great find!

Jeanine

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great find! Looking forward to seeing your painted dresser.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a grea find Kathy! I am SO jealous of you and Sue hunting treasures! A girlfriend and I are leaving next Thursday for Nashville to go the The Vintage Market show at the Expo Center...I am really excited! We are spending the night and I told my husband we may stay ANOTHER night! lol Nashville has some great shopping! Of course high up on my bucket list is making it to Warrenton and Roundtop Texas. I SO want to go there!

Can't wait to see the dresser!

Lou Cinda

Karena said...

Kathy I would not have passed the wonderful book either! Alice in Wonderland, what memories!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

At The Picket Fence said...

What a wonderful find Kathy! We love us some Alice in this house and watch the movie all the time! :-)
Vanessa

Ruby Jean said...

Oh What a GREAT find and I can't wait to see your Finished Project!!! :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy..congrats on your great find!..It was there waiting for you to give it a good home!

Can't wait to see your chalk painting project. I am working on mine on Friday...Happy painting!!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is great, Kathy. It's really a beautiful book! When the hubs and I go thrifting, we usually find the bookstores and now would be a great time for me to start stocking up on some good reads for future grandkidlets!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,
My daughter is looking for the original Little Mermaid tale. It's like $65.00 online. Wish I could find it in a thrift store! Nice find. XO Cindy

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I love children's books! This one is amazing! The graphics are lovely! This is a treasure! Great find!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love building themes around books. We used Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit for my grandson''s room. Great find!
Come and share with us at WIW, you are always welcome!
Hugs,
Patti

Amy Chalmers said...

I love all things Alice. Can't wait to see the painted furniture!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

What a pretty edition of Alice! For $4, that was a steal of a deal! I can't resist when I see a pretty edition of a book I love too! Angie xo

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I remember you fabulous Mad Hatter Tea Party. That looks like a wonderful copy with great illustrations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...