Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine’s Day Heart Swap

I joined in with Marsha at Tattered Chick’s Secret Valentine’s Day swap.  My secret Valentine was Sandy from Sandy’s Creations.  I had an opportunity to visit Sandy’s blog, as well as knowing that she likes pink and cream colors.  I pulled out my fabric stash to see what I could come up with to put together for Sandy.

DSC04539_3774

I decided on this vintage looking, Shabby Chic, cream with pink roses fabric. 

DSC04590_3812

Hearts are like chocolate ~ you can’t have just one!  I sent Sandy a trio of hearts.  I couldn’t just leave them “as is” though!

DSC04746_3965

DSC04747_3966

DSC04748_3967

Packed up and ready to go ~ on their way to Canada!

DSC04931_4123

DSC04930_4122

Rebecca from Rebecca Rose Designs had me as her secret swap partner and take a look at the jaw dropping heart she sent me.

SONY DSC

Did she get me or what? It is so beautiful! I made the mistake of opening the box while my daughter was here.  She let me know she’d be happy to display it at her house.  Yeah, that’s not happening!

SONY DSC

Rebecca also sent along some other lovelies.  A package filled with inspiration for creativity.  And another with some old book pages and a Paris tag.

SONY DSC

Thank you so much, Rebecca, for making such a beautiful heart for me, and thank you Marsha for hosting such a fun swap!

Linking up with

Marsha at Tattered Chick

Kathy

17 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love all of the hearts!

Ruby Jean said...

Oh that looks as though it was a LOVELY swap..... The hearts you made are very Lovely and Sweet and Yes I would say that your Swap partner GOT you that heart has your name written ALL over it... :)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What beautiful hearts you made for Sandy and received from Becky! She is uber talented!! (You remember the apron she made me?)

I'm so glad you enjoyed the swap!!!

Thank you for joining!!

Happy ♥ Day!!

xoxo

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a beautiful set of hearts! Thanks for the inspiration. I love your fabric choice, too!

blessings,
karianne

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I love all the pretty hearts.

Happy Valentine's Day!

xo,
Dee

Olive said...

Love the fabric you picked to make and give. The one you received is darling too. Happy Hearts to You. Olive

Okio B Designs said...

Love the heart you got! And love the ones you made! Your recipient is going to be happy!

Jeanine

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

What a fun idea to swap Valentine's hearts! Love that idea.
Both of the hearts are awesome, yours and the one you received too.
Wow! How exciting it must have been to open the package that contained these.
I am so envious!!!!
xoxox
Happy Valentine's Day!
A

Gail said...

Beautiful hearts Kathy, the ones you created and the ones you received! Enjoy your day and Happy Valentine's, Gail

Kim Gillian said...

Wonderful Hearts, the black and white heart would look great in my bedroom! Happy Valentines Day!
-Kim :)

Linda K. said...

Oooohhhhhh these are 'hearty' hearts....so pretty and shabby!


Linda
Queen Bee Cottage

KimMalk said...

All of those hearts are beautiful all the way around, Kathy. Good for you for doing a swap!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love that you "shared your hearts" with one another..They are all so cute and obviously "made from the heart"...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What sweet hearts! They're all lovely.

Becs said...

Hi Kathy! Love the hearts you made for your partner! They are so cute. And so glad you love your little heart from me. Nice meeting you. Becs

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh Kathy! Those hearts you sent are so pretty...I love the embellishments you added! The flowers, ribbon and buttons are perfect! Angie xo

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

All of these hearts are gorgeous Kathy! I love the embelishments you added to yours...and that fabric! Love it!

The one you got is awesome as well! It's a great swap when such beauty changes hands!

Lou Cinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...