Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hydrangea Wreath

I love hydrangeas and they are in my top 3 of favorite flowers.  I showed you my hydrangea urn recently and today I wanted to show you a hydrangea wreath I made.  The urn holds a real hydrangea but the wreath is made with faux florals.

SONY DSC

I looked on Pinterest for different ways of doing hydrangea wreaths and found these that I really liked.

hydrangea wreath

No source; just a picture

Hydrangea wreath, personalized. - interiors-designed.com

Source

Burlap wreath Hydrangea wreath Fall wreath by theembellishedhome, $60.00

Source

DIY hydrangea wreath.

Source

I liked the ones that incorporated the leaves into the wreath as well.  I used a wire wreath form that I already had.  I bought the individual stems of hydrangeas from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale 50% off; I bought three of the cream and three of the purple.

SONY DSC

I wired the flowers on and tucked the leaves in among the wire of the wreath base.  This will make it easy to change up or take apart if I decide to do that.

SONY DSC

I made a bow out of some burlap ribbon and wired that on, too.

SONY DSC

I love the way it turned out and I think it ties in nicely with the urn that is off to the side of the door.  I think this will bring me through to Fall quite nicely.

SONY DSC

 

Linking up with:

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

23 comments:

vivian said...

lovely! I have a bunch of faux hydrangeas that I pull out for summer. all the other wreaths are pretty too. I think my favorite is the 5th pic.
Happy Tueday!
xoxo
vivian

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Very pretty, Kathy. Hydrangea are a favorite of mine! :)
Have a lovely one,
Lin

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kathy...I like the addition of the burlap bow!

Passionate for White said...

Very pretty!

JP said...

Mornin' Kathy! I saw you visiting Marty and decided to pop over to see what you have been doing. I love hydrangeas, too....well, really who doesn't? Your wreath is lovely! I have two tiny little bushes that I crave to dry the flowers off of but, never have any luck!!! :(
I have some faux white ones accenting my fireplace in baskets and a vase. They're keeping me content for now!
Enjoy your wreath and have a great week!
JP

Donna said...

Your wreath turned out great, Kathy! I love hydrangeas, too, the colors you used are perfect!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the hydrangeas and your current one is stunning. Love the red door too. Very pretty.

Okio B Designs said...

Really pretty! Love the bow!

Jeanine

Celestina Marie said...

Love it Kathy. Your wreath looks so pretty against the color of your door. You have inspired me to do one. My gate wreath is worn and this gives me an idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very pretty, Kathy. All my favorites in one luscious wreath. Minus the chocolate. :)

Cynthia said...

Very pretty Kathy, I have many of those pinned too. They are one of my favorites too. This is the first time I plant them, wish me luck!!!

Cynthia

Createology said...

Oh I do love Hydrangeas...especially blue ones. Each of these wreaths is lovely and yours with the burlap bow is just right for your welcoming entry door. Creative Hydrangea Bliss...

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! I like the wreaths that use the leaves too.

Hydrangeas are my favorite flowering shrub!

This N That said...

Love it..Ours aren't blooming yet..Will have to wait awhile...Thanks for the idea

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, your wreath turned out so pretty! Love the colors you've chosen and hydrangeas are just about the most beautiful flower there is. Thanks for popping to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Love your pretty wreath. You sure make it look easy so I think I'll give it a try. My front door needs some sprucing up.

hugs
Sissie

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I love your hydrangea wreath! So pretty. The urn was beautiful too. All of the inspiration wreaths are so pretty as well. Thank you so much for stopping over to the blog and commenting on my sewing carrots project. I sure do love my baby and creating her nursery was the best ever! Have a great week! ~ Jamie

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the hydrangea wreath and all of the inspiration Kathy...I have two on my doors now...they are my fav flower!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love it!!! I could do this and it is adorable...Thank you for sharing Kathy!

Carol

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, your wreath turned out beautiful! I love hydrangeas and I can't wait for mine to bloom. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

farmhouse-story said...

so pretty, kathy! the colors pop against your door:) love the pink sample you found, too! happy weekend!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Very nice, Kathy. Hydrangeas are so pretty no matter where they go. I like the addition of the burlap ribbon. Very inviting on a front door.

BECKY said...

Love all the wreaths, and yours is so pretty gal! I have baskets on my front doors that are sooo in need of some freshening up...one of these days! {probably fall!} LOL!!

Hope the rest of your weekend is grand!
Hugs,
Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...