Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Debbiedoos Cool Whip Cookies ~ Gluten Free Style

If you’ve ever seen a recipe post that I’ve shared here {they are few and far between}, you’ll have noticed that I like the words “quick”, “easy”, “simple”,  and that I always mention that I am not much of a cook or baker.  When I saw Debbie’s Cool Whip Cookies recipe that she shared here, I knew this was one I could handle.

SONY DSC

For the gluten free version, I just used the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix.  I also used light Cool Whip, although, how many calories we are actually saving ~ who knows.

Gluten Free Cool Whip Cookies

1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip

1 box of gluten free cake mix

1 egg

confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together the first three ingredients until blended and smooth.  (I used my mixer).  Place parchment paper on your cookie sheet.  Use a teaspoon to spoon some batter onto the parchment paper.  Sprinkle tops with some confectioners sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes.  Mine took about 12 minutes in a gas oven.

SONY DSC

Yeah, the first batch I used a tablespoon.  The cookies were huge!  That’s why I bolded “teaspoon” in the recipe.  At that size, they took about 15 minutes to bake. 

SONY DSC

They were delicious and I always know a gluten free recipe is good when the husband will eat it.  These are a great cookie to bring along if you are going to a party and want to bring a dessert, plus if you are gluten free, you actually get to eat something!  Since they are so quick to bake up, it is also a good cookie to make when you have guests come over on short notice.

SONY DSC

Thanks for such a quick and easy recipe, Debbie!  (And thank your mother-in-law for me, too!). 

9 comments:

Stitchfork said...

Ha, sitting here singing the Cookie Monster song - C is for cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie....me want cookie! yum!
xo

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I have a friend who can't eat gluten. I love simple recipes like this one.

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good! The cookies look yummy too! Thank you for sharing this, Kathy. I missed it at Debbie's and am thrilled to see it here.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

It does look and sound good, and like you I like, quick and simple myself. Not to be a debbie downer, but Cool whip is nothing but chemicals, nothing real in it. I think I'd substitute with coconut cream and is pretty quick to make. Sorry.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You are way ahead of me...I have never posted a recipe lol! They do look easy and I have to guess low calorie ? Thank you!

Carol

farmhouse-story said...

this is a recipe that even i can't mess up:) thanks so much for sharing, kathy!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Gotta' try these. Thanks for the gluten-free version, Kathy. I love those Betty Crocker mixes.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love Debbie's recipes and so great that this one is gluten free...and I am with you...anything easy is right up my alley!!!

Debbiedoos said...

That is awesome Kathy! Sorry I just noticed this now. WOnderful that they tasted just as good too. Thanks for the shout out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...