Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flea Market Crown Finds

Last week I took a morning off of work and went to a farmer’s market/flea market with my daughter and granddaughter in Indiana.  It sounds far when you mention another state like that, but where we live in Ohio we are actually not that far.  It was about an hour and few minutes drive. 

SONY DSC

I didn’t wind up with any fruits, vegetables or flowers.  Nor did I find any transferware, outdoor statuary or other home décor related items.  What I did find was at a table of jewelry, where I don’t normally look.

SONY DSC

These crown pins caught my eye and came home with me. 

SONY DSC

Whether I keep them for myself or incorporate them into a project, well, we’ll just have to wait and see. 

SONY DSC

For now I have stuck them onto my mannequin with a few other pins I had in my stash.  If nothing else, it keeps them out where I can see them.

SONY DSC

I had also taken a crown that I had sitting on top of some books in another room and put that on my mannequin, too.  Copying these that I saw on Pinterest.

.

Source

Hotter than Hell Antiquing in Canton Texas!

Source

Gloves and books : A Fanciful Twist

Source

Eh, it gives her something to do while she’s standing there!

SONY DSC

The Design Book Library posts will return next week!

16 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those pins are awesome. Your mannequin looks lovely wearing her crown.

Okio B Designs said...

Very sweet finds! And yes when I first read Indiana, I thought to myself: wow, she's getting quite adventurous. =) But I guess it's like me driving to Jersey or Connecticut.

J

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Those are some gorgeous pins...great find Kathy!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you found some treasures! I love your pins! Crowns are so popular right now. I love the way you accessorized your mannequin! She looks fabulous!

Cynthia said...

These are gorgeous Kathy, I would've snatched them up too

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

The pins are a great find, Kathy. I collected vintage pins for awhile, mostly ones from my mom, but eventually gave them to my daughter. I love the mannequin.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, the pins are a great find and look good on your dress form. Keeping them out in view will keep them handy for creating. I have many vintage pins and many are from my mother's collection.
I love the crown on the top of the dress form too and have been seeing this a lot. I need to add a crown to one of mine.
Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Hugs

Our Hopeful Home said...

As a vintage jewelry maven I LOVE what you brought home! I would have considered the day a success!
xo Kathleen

White Lace and Promises said...

You know I can remember when you could bin on a mannequin for $5. Some places now they would go for $105. Love the pins and I think it's gonna be great!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I don't think I could part with these pins, Kathy. They are wonderful!!!
Hugs,
Lin

Createology said...

Crowns really do have appeal don't they?!! Lovely pins you acquired. Creative Bliss...

Donna Heber said...

Hi Kathy,

I just adore your crown pins. They are fabulous and I love the vintage style! Sometimes we find the unexpected. Have a wonderful weekend.

Blondie's Journal said...

Funny things that they have these days. Our garden place at the lake has all sorts of dishes and table linens! I love your brooches, they look very happy on that pretty lady!

Jane xx

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You found some real "gems" Kathy!
Very Frenchie and awesome.

I like you crowned your "queen!"

Have a great weekend....but it's way too hot for me. Bleck.

Debbiedoos said...

What a great day spent with your daughter. Those pins are darling! Have a great weekend Kathy.

farmhouse-story said...

love the crown on your dress form and she looks great with your new charms! have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...