Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Artist Behind The Etsy ~ TJB Designs

button_edited-1

Being a part of the Etsy community, not only as a seller but as a customer, I have come across many talented individuals.  With this series, I hope to introduce you to some of these creative people, finding out where they find their inspiration, and a little bit more about them.

Good morning, Friends!  I hope you will sit back and enjoy your coffee while visiting with Tommye of TJB Designs this morning.   I fell in love with Tommye’s creations, especially her scissor fobs and couldn’t wait to invite her to join in the series. 

red banner

What a thrill to be included in this great series of Kathy's.  Browsing through the imaginations of other artisans is always a treat and I'm honored to be included.

hard_tree_close2

Virtue_Outshines_the_Stars_2013

I'm a geek.  I've been married to my even geekier husband for 32 years and we live with our two pug babies, Otis and Lester.  I started my professional life as a software engineer for a major aerospace company.  But I've been stitching since I was a teenager.  Counted thread needlework  is my passion...cross stitch, hardanger, drawn thread, and especially band samplers.  It appeals to the logical side of my brain, which I admit, is the dominant side.  I left software engineering to open a needlework shop.  It was a lot of fun and very successful, but when my husband and I retired and moved to the beach, I sold the shop.  But I just can't sit and do nothing.   I love stitching and teaching stitching, so I work part time and teach a stitching group at my local needlework shop.  I knit when I'm not stitching.

Stitch Markers, Blue White, Knitting, Beaded, Snag Free, Gift for Knitter

Counting Pins Marking Pins, Blue, Black, Cross Stitch, Needlepoint

Removable Stitch Markers, Crochet, Snag Free, Beaded, Sapphire, Blue, Gift for Crochet, Snagless, DIY Crochet TJBdesigns

I also love gadgets, especially embroidery scissors. Hence, the creation of beautiful scissor fobs. I started out trying to think of something to make for the ladies in my stitching group for Christmas and before I knew it I had about 2 dozen fobs designed!  I only needed eight.  So I developed a line of beaded needlework tools for stitching, knitting and crochet. Having owned a brick and mortar needlework shop before, I decided to approach some people I knew from that life.  That led to a wholesale business.  One of those shopowners suggested Etsy as a retail outlet for me. And thus TJBdesigns on Etsy was born in January of 2009. 

Beaded Scissor Fob Cross Stitch Needlepoint Grape Purple Amethyst DIY Crafts Gift for Crafter Sewing Accessory Quilting

Beaded  Scissor Fob, DIY Crafts, Cross Stitch, Needlepoint ,Sewing, Quilting, Gift, Black, Silver, TJBdesigns


All my scissor fobs are unique and made by me with whatever beads fit the shape and color scheme that pops into my imagination.  The tassels and cording are also handmade by me with embroidery floss.  I try to incorporate interesting beads and color combinations in all my tools, whether they be scissor fobs, stitch markers, eyeglass chains or laying tools.  Adding bling to your needlework is just plain fun. 

Eyeglass Chain, Glasses Chain, Reading Glasses Lanyard, Glasses Holder, Green, Magenta, Pink, Purple, Stylish Eyewear, Glasses Leash

Purse Charm, Key Fob, Zipper Pull, Purse Jewelry, Black, Copper, Beaded


A fob doesn't have to be for your scissors.  They make a great decoration for a purse or backpack. They add pizzazz to a china cabinet knob or armoire. I've even sold one as stethoscope bling!

Book Thong Bookmark Aqua Blue Flower Pink Book String Book Cord Teacher Gift Bible Bookmark Cookbook

And for those who don’t stitch, knit or crochet, I make book thongs! A great bookmark that the kids can’t pull out of the book because there are beads at both ends!

Beaded Needle Threader - Set of 2, You Pick, Cross Stitch, Hardanger, Needlepoint, DIY Crafts, TJBDesigns
You can also find me here.
Blog: http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TJBdesigns
Facebook: http://facebook.com/TJBdesigns/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tjbdesigns/
Google+: plus.google.com/u/0/117068101682733611480

 

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us, Tommye!  As with all of the shops I’ve featured, some really great gift ideas here.  As someone who loves to sew and does needlework, I can tell you that any of these items would make for lovely gifts.  You can visit Tommye’s shop here.

If you have an Etsy shop that features handmade items, or know of one that might be of interest, please send an email to kpassarette(at)yahoo(dot)com.  

 

14 comments:

must love junk said...

Great feature! Tommye's really talented and her creations are so unique! :)
Susan

Junkchiccottage said...

Good Sunday Morning Kathy. Love Tommye's shop and her bead work. So pretty. Thanks for introducing her to us.
Kris

Tommye said...

Thanks again for asking me to share my story, Kathy. You've featured so many wonderful artisans and I'm so happy to be included.

vivian said...

kathy, its fun to see all the etsy artists youve been posting about! there are so many talented people out there.
wanted to ask you, you said that you found a new resource for halloween supplies? do you mind sharing? Im always on the look out of for new stuffies!
have a great day my friend
xoxo
vivian

vivian said...

Its amazing how many talented people are out there isnt it? most of which we will never be aware of, so its nice when you take the time to introduce us to someone!
wanted to ask you about your new resource for halloween supplies. Im always on the lookout for new stuffies! do you mind sharing?
have a great day my friend!
xoxo
vivian

vivian said...

lol.. I probably left my message twice.. sorry!
xoxo

This N That said...

Very pretty. Interesting idea. Happy Sunday.

chateau chic said...

Tommye makes such beautiful and unique items. Very talented!! I loved doing counted cross-stitch samplers on linen in my younger days...I guess that makes me a geek too. :-)
Mary Alice

Anonymous said...

Tommye's shop is lovely! Her counted thread needlework is stunning! The Scissors are lovely!Her bead work is also gorgeous!Thanks for sharing her shop!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Tommye's work is lovely. I had never heard of scissor fobs before. Live and learn as my father would say:)Kathy, for some reason your comments on my blog posts aren't showing up in my email (which is where I reply to all my comments). So if I don't acknowledge a comment it's because I didn't know I got it! Just wanted you to know, hopefully it will rectify itself sometime soon. You know Blogger:)
xo Kathleen

Celestina Marie said...

Great feature Kathy, Tommye's creations are wonderful. She is a real talent. Thanks for sharing her shop with us.
XO

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful stitching and bead work, tommye! tfs, kathy! have a great week!

Tommye said...

thank you all for the lovely compliments. I believe everyone should have pretty tools. :)

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Wonderful talent, love the beading and the stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...