Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What’s Under Foot

Some home updates are not easily seen, but can make a big difference.  One such update is a rug pad for an area rug.  I put down two area rugs (without rug pads) when we did hardwood floors in our condo last summer. While I love wood floors, I like an area rug on top to add some warmth to the room.

2012 09 16_8573

This is not usually the best decision, though, because even with furniture on top, they can move around.  Besides a crooked picture on the wall, a crooked area rug drives me nuts!

SONY DSC

I received a rug pad from Rug Pad USA and put it under the area rug in our sunroom.  We tend to spend a lot of time in this room, having our television set up in here.  I think the best thing I can say about this rug pad is that I plan on purchasing one for our living room area rug!

hardwoodfloortopbanner[1]

The rug pads from Rug Pad USA are eco-friendly, made in the USA, and are very affordable.  They come in various weaves/designs based on what kind of flooring you have.  This is the rug pad I got. (Excuse the vacuum cord but I wanted to vacuum before putting the pad underneath the rug).

SONY DSC

You could feel the difference right away when you step on the rug and it hasn’t moved once!

SONY DSC

I think someone else likes it, too!  She normally sleeps in the corner formed by the chaise and the couch, but has been laying in various areas of the rug since the pad was added.

SONY DSC

Disclaimer:  I received a rug pad for the purposes of this review but all opinions are my own.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do make a difference. You can definitely see this under your rug. It's such a pretty room and I love your rug! Thanks for sharing this rug pad. I need some new ones and I love that's it's made in the USA!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love this room, so pretty and the rug is fabulous also. I agree, a rug pad is a must.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I can see where it would make a big difference in keeping your rug straight!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, rugs that slip are not fun and a pad makes all the difference.
Your sun room is beautiful and I love your rug. Looks like your fur baby thinks so too.
XO

Sherry said...

I love that the pad is made in the USA. We will be going to hardwood soon, I hope, and will use area rugs also, thanks for sharing about the pad.

Cynthia said...

I keep telling the hubby we need rug pads even though the rugs are held down by furniture but he ignores me. I am sending this to me. Maybe now he will listen.

Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful carpet and great that it is getting the royal treatment underneath!

farmhouse-story said...

your floor is gorgeous, kathy! i need rug pads--half of my day is spent straightening rugs! your dog looks very comfy:)

Okio B Designs said...

Couldn't agree more: crooked rugs and pictures irk me!

Jeanine

This N That said...

I have nine area or throw rugs in my cottage. They all have pads. Makes a big difference.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your new rug pad looks much better than those thin ones with the waffle weave- they always seem to leave marks in the finish of my floors. And your sweetie seems to think it's much cushier,too! :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Gorgeous rug Kathy! I can imagine that a rug pad would make it comfy.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your new rug is beautiful Kathy....love the muted colors~~~so happy your rug pad is working well! I see someone else approves of it too! Blessings~~~Roxie

Blondie's Journal said...

I really hear you, Kathy...and your puppy does, too. How pretty he is!!

I don't have them everywhere but the sisal rugs I've ordered came with free pads. Maybe not the same quality but they don't slip and slide.

Anyway...good for you. And I can see why you love this room!

Jane xx

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your home is gorgeous! Love the rug you chose for this space - the rug pad info I wrote down b/c I need some new ones, thanks for the recommendation.

And the best thing? Your pet dog is stunning, what a beautiful animal. (And such a good sales helper!)

: - )

Maria Elena said...

I also love our new rug pad. It made such a huge difference! Our little dog has also been spending lots of time enjoying it :)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I've missed a post!! When did you get your sweet fur baby!?!?!

Laurel Stephens said...

Your beautiful rug certainly deserves the best rug pad, and it sounds like it has it now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...