Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Emergency Blog Contact

EBC Button

I came across a post by Maggie at Just Between You And Me this morning, which was inspired by a blog post written by Shell at Bungalow Bling because a blog friend of hers has been MIA for some time now and she is concerned.  The lovely and talented LuLu Kellogg created the button above for Shell {and all of us really} so that we can know what’s going on with a bloggy friend that we have not heard from in some time. 

I hope you will read Shell’s post {which is in the link above}.  I have put the button on my own sidebar and made my sister, Jeanine at One Cheap B*tch my emergency contact.  I could get my daughter on here to do a quick post as well. 

BlogFriends{Courtesy of Cathe Holden}

I guess none of us think that we are important enough to someone we’ve never met before, that they would care if we are not posting or commenting.  I can tell you that I have “clicked” with many bloggers that I have “met” and I would be concerned if I didn’t see a post or comment from them in a long time.  This blog that was supposed to be just an extension of my business has given me friendships that, honestly, I don’t really have time for in real life.

I hope that you will consider using this button and have someone be your contact.   Even if you just need a break from technology.

Of course, I have to add before I end that my giveaway for the lunch tote is still running and ends on Friday, August 20th. 

10 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, I love this idea!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I thought it was so great that Shell came up with this idea. I have to say that many of my Blogger friends have become some of the best friends I have ever had. Shell and I have been emailing and speaking on the phone for forever and we are finally going to Silver Bella together in November and I can't wait to see her in person and a lot of the gals I Blog with. I would be concerned also if one of my Blogging sisters didn't post for a while so the EBC idea was a great one!

Thank you so much for you lovely comment...you are such a Sweetheart.

LuLu♥

p.s. Now I have to go put the button on my Blog!!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a great idea, Kathy. People do wonder where others are at. Sometimes it is just so hard to keep up. Thanks! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I really do think that we are friends. I love this blogging world because we make real friendships through it and really care about each other. I am glad that people are keeping track of their friend.

I did not realize that One Cheap B*tch is your sister! That is cool!

xxoo
Jen

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea!! I have made so many true friends in the blog world, and often get concerned when their normal two to three posts don't show up each week. Love this!!!
xo
amanda

Brenda Pruitt said...

I read that at Maggie's myself. And now mine is right on my sidebar. I had a dear friend go MIA back in January. But the good thing that came of it was that two of her followers became very close. And I have that to cherish. But I will always wonder...
Brenda

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing this, Kathy!

Dogmom Diva said...

Kathy, I love this idea..so true I have made so many good online friends I just know if I stopped blogging someone would notice..thank you for sharing the button. I am going do a post about online friends this week so please check back later on..

Barb

Design Esquire said...

One of the bloggers that inspired me to start blogging disappeared probably 9 months ago or so - and took her blog down and everything. I still wonder if everything is okay. This is a great idea. I completely agree with you that I have real friendship in the blog world, which has been an unexpected beenfit of blogging.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey you wrote this so much better than I did. I just could not get it out that day what I wanted to say about this emergency button. lol
So I am glad that you picked it up and said what I wanted to write. Friends we find on here are just too lovely and I would hate to loose contact so this is a wonderful idea.
Thanks again
Love ya
Maggie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...