Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nothing To Lose

I had a couple of things that didn’t work out for their intended projects.  I had a frame that I bought on clearance at Michael’s, that I covered the back in fabric and applied a vinyl on the glass.  I broke the glass when I was putting it back together.   The Nest stencil I just got recently thinking to put it on a tray, but that didn’t work out very well, so it has been waiting for another project.  I decided to pair these two up and see how they’d come out.  I figured I had nothing else to lose!

DSC01186_0861

I just used regular craft paint to do the stencil.  I laid the frame over it to see how it would look.

DSC01188_0863

I felt like there was a bit too much blank space on either side, so I taped off a small stripe, thinking along the lines of a faux grain sack look.

DSC01191_0866

But, I had already rinsed out my stencil brush and cleaned up the paint.  So, I grabbed the next best thing that was close at hand!  Can you see it above?

DSC01190_0865

Yes, a Sharpie!  I think it worked just as well.

DSC01192_0867

Although, maybe I should have brought it in towards the middle a little more.  {That stripe to the right looks crooked, but I think I just have to adjust it in the frame better}.

DSC01195_0870

Just need to find some place to put it now!

Kathy

15 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...

What a happy mistake ... greaet idea, Kathy! So creative. I look forward to seeing where this lands! *Becca*

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I like it! Ah, I can never draw, cut a straight line, LOL

Have a great day!!!

xxoo

Jane said...

Great project! Very resourceful to use what you had. The framed "nest" stencil looks like a silhouette.
Jane

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your accidents created a great piece. Love when that happens.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Adorable!

J

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love it!

LuLU~*xoxo

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love this Kathy! It is so cute and that stripe is just the perfect touch!

I know you will find a place to put this without any trouble!

Lou Cinda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good save Kathy! I think it's very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, This is very cute! I use a Sharpie on signs and projects a lot and it always works well. Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Sherry

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Gorgeous stenciled framed item! I've used Sharpies for sooo many things, even clothes and shoes for re-touches! :0)

Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

DIYbyDesign said...

Looks really great. I use a Sharpie all the time. It works for so many things. Have a very Happy Easter.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Turned out very cute, Kathy! I love it when mistakes end up working out anyway!

Stitchfork said...

Great save! What would we do without our sharpies?! Have a great weekend!
xo Cathy

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh it turned out fabulous, Kathy!! Wishing you a Happy Easter!!! Love & blessings to you and your family,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Now that's a great example of turning lemons into lemonade! It turned out really cute! I love Sharpies. I've used them on drop cloth material and also on burlap. They work great! Have a happy weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...