Monday, April 4, 2011

Tray Update and Ruffle Runners

I didn’t want to leave anybody hanging or not mention the tray again, but I did get my stencil.  If you remember, this is the tray.

DSC00998_0676

This is the stencil and I was just going to do the “Nest” portion in that upper left corner.  I figured this way you could still see it even if I put things on it.

DSC00997_0675

It did not go well.  I used my craft paint and stencil brush, but the way it came out was just not right.  I think there is either a coat of something on top {although it doesn’t seem so} or I don’t know what.  Either way, when I saw it wasn’t going to work, I wiped the paint off while it was still wet.  I don’t have a photo of that part because I wanted to get the paint off quickly before it dried.

I could do a vinyl if I really wanted to, but I’m going to take it as it is meant to be left alone.  So, it will stay as is, which I’m okay with.  The stencil won’t go to waste; I’m sure I’ll find another project I can use it on!

Meanwhile, I have gotten quite a few emails about the triple ruffle runner I made and posted about here.  This is my runner in the natural with rose stripe.

DSC01006_0684

I know that there has been some difficulty getting the fabric as it seems fabric.com is out of stock on at least one that I showed.  I was able to get more before they went out of stock and I have made a few for my Etsy shop.   It may be back in stock as the Michael Miller Venice Text fabric I wanted to do on my screen just came back into stock Friday.

DSC01010_0688

I just finished these Friday night, so they will get a go over with the iron.  I also got a new one, which is just a plain natural.  I think this is going to be a favorite of mine because you can add your own touch to this one {like with a stencil} or just leave it plain.

DSC01013_0691

DSC01012_0690

DSC01014_0692

These fabrics take a stencil really well, so you could add your own monogram, your favorite graphic, etc.   Similar to mine is a natural with blue stripe.  Love the faded look to the blue.   Update:  The blue stripe is sold!  Thank you, Tracy!

DSC01016_0694

DSC01017_0695

DSC01018_0696

This is what I  have so far.  I will also be doing a blue with white {similar to the red which I used for my kitchen towels} and the red, which is the same fabric I used for my kitchen towels, which you can read here.

DSC00672_0377

The red and the blue will have the same ruffle as the others and not this one I used on the towels. All of them have triple ruffle goodness going on!  They are about 69 inches long, from ruffle tip to ruffle tip, and are 16 inches wide.  So far, the two pictured above are in my Etsy and I will add the others in as soon as they are finished.

Kathy

16 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, the runners are just beautiful!!!!

I love the tray as you have it now on your table!

I hope you have a wonderful week!!

P.S. I have the giveaway up on my blog if you want to enter!!

xxoo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your runners are absolutely stunning. Love the ruffles. The tray is super also. Hugs, Marty

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I just love the way you put the tray and the runners together on your table. Makes quite a statement! I like the tray plain. But, I know how we creative types are, we just want to make it better!

Your runners are beautiful and I love the fabric. Love the way the ruffles add romance to the grain sack look.

hugs
Sissie

Stitchfork said...

The tray painting didn't ruffle you! Just couldn't resist! Love the look of your table setting!
xo Cathy

The House Creative said...

So pretty!! I love it. Have a wonderful day.

The French Bear said...

Love it, this is just the project to do for my kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration....love the tray, looks great!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Kathy,
I love it all--that runner is absolutely gorgeous!!! So shabby chic!!
XO

Ms. Bake-it said...

I wish I knew what kind of table I am going to put in the master bedroom when it is done because I really like the natural runner too. I like the tray just the way it is. I am glad you were able to remove the stencil paint without damaging the tray.

~ Tracy

One Cheap B*tch said...

They look so pretty with the ruffles. I hate to ask but did you do the ruffles yourself or buy them pre-made? I know someone in blogland told me you could buy them pre-made at Walmart. If you didn't buy them, next time I'm at mom's come over and show me how to ruffle! ;)

J

Gail said...

Your runners are beautiful, Kathy. I love the ruffles on them. Your tablescape looks so pretty with your tray and the runner on it.

Enjoy this wonderful day,
Gail

Unknown said...

Great job Kathy, looks great! So crafty you are

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, The runners are beautiful. I finally found a similar fabric and made one myself. I just wish I knew how to do ruffles because they are so cute on yours.
xo,
Sherry

Lindy said...

I love these runners! Reminds me I need one...

Marie said...

Wow! I love the runner you made, especially the end part, j'adore the raffles! Love the tray too. That table display is so romantic and springy!

-marie

Kim said...

I've had so many projects start out that way. But for the record, I love the tray as is - it's very pretty!!
xoxo,
Kim

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, the runners and towels are great!! I LOVE them!!

Lou Cinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...