Thursday, May 17, 2012

It’s All In The Details

Recently I showed you this mirror that I purchased from Antique Farmhouse {another boon to my budget}.  It was a great price though ~ it was under $25.00.

DSC07415_6513

The color wound up being perfect to go in our master bedroom as it isn’t far off the Duck Egg color on my dresser and mirror.  It seemed a shame though that the detailing didn’t stand out just a little bit more. 

DSC07417_6515

So I took my antique gold Rub n Buff {the same as I used on my dresser’s handles} and, with a vinyl glove on, proceeded to apply it with my finger.

DSC07482_6534

I blot the initial “blob” that comes out of the tube on napkins or  paper towel and then go at it.   And the details start to make themselves known.

DSC07481_6533

I think it brings this mirror up a notch!  Plus, the gold goes with the other gold throughout the room.

DSC07480_6532

I just got that little lamp at Hobby Lobby since I moved the one I had here into the guest bedroom.  The shade is a great match for in here.

DSC07530_6563

Good news on the little table that sits under this mirror! 

DSC07532_6564

Remember I wasn’t sure of how I wanted to proceed with the paint combination?  I saw a desk that Laura at Whimsical Perspective did and I’ve decided to do my demilune table much like she did her desk.  I think it’s a good amount of the two colors I will be using, which is Duck Egg and Old White.  I can’t wait to get started on that!

DSC07537_6568

And ~ just to give you a preview of what’s going on here this week and what I hope to show you next week.

DSC07474_6526

I mounted the bed crown!  The fabric came the other day and I’m hoping to get the panels sewed up for this before I leave for a visit to New York.

25 comments:

Olive said...

Kathy, the gold did accent the mirrors details better. I love rubbing on paint with my fingers. Olive

Unknown said...

Wow what a difference the Rub and Buff made. I love the new lamp. Great color choices!!

DIYbyDesign said...

Love the gold accents on the mirror. I can't wait to see the fabric for the crown. I bet it's gonna be gorgeous.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- nice detailing on that mirrow - makes a huge difference.

Hopped on over to see what Perspective did on her table and I think that's an excellent choice.

Can't wait for that reveal, too.

Well done, kathy!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

What a difference! This is gorgeous Kathy! Well done!
LuLu~*xoxo

farmhouse-story said...

the gold is perfect! love your lamp--hobby lobby has some great styled lamps. i'd love a bed crown--can't wait to see yours:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love that mirror and the gold is such a great touch. Can't wait to see the crown all done. I know it will be fabulous and the table too. Hugs, Marty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The mirror looks great with the gold. Can't wait to see your crown filled with fabric!

Karena said...

Kathy I love the difference the gold tub makes!! The lamp fits in beautifully as well. I am so excited to see your new bed design!!

2012 Artist Series featuring the gifted Decorative Painter Theresa Cheek

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Lovely! That little bit of metallic paint adds so much.

Sandra said...

Beautiful!

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Love the gold on the mirror so much! That lamp is super cute too. I can't wait to see how the bed crown with the material is going to turn out! ~ Jamie

NanaDiana said...

Wow- That gold really made the piece POP, didn't it? I love it and your lamp is just perfect for the setting.

I can't wait to see your crown finished. xo Diana

Okio B Designs said...

I can't believe how much the details stand out now. And that crown above your bed is amazing!!!!

J

Kelly said...

I really like how you added the gold to the blue mirror. It looks even better now. Your table and bed canopy is going to be great when you get those done. Looking forward to seeing the big reveal!

Blondie's Journal said...

The mirror looks just perfect now! Great job! I can't wait to see the table and the crown is looking good!

XO,
Jane

Laura Bright said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog! I have received visitors from your site!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, The mirror is so pretty and I like the gold accents. Love the bed crown and I know it will be beautiful with the panels.

Nanna said...

great job on th mirror & the lamp compliments it beautifuly
Helen

Judy said...

Love the mirror. It nudged me into getting some bronze rub 'n buff to use on a cream colored large orb that has a ton of scroll work on it. I love it!!! I had decided I was going to take that orb to a re-sell shop...NOT NOW!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love how you fancied-up your mirror!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, that turned out beautiful! I can't wait to see the demilune table when you're done with it. That paint treatment will look gorgeous on that table. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Isn't this the weekend that you will be attending the antique show?

Debbiedoos said...

That was the perfect touch Kathy. I really love this mirror.

Amy Chalmers said...

Nice job on the mirror~I love that color!! ANd the highlights really make the details pop. Also the crown looks awesome, I will be excited to see the panels!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

The mirror was a nice find and a great match. I love the added Rub-n- Buff.

Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...