Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I Found At The Springfield Extravaganza

I finally got a chance to sit down and do this post from Friday’s trip to the Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market.  I made sure to bring my camera.  I’ve got lots of pictures!  The first booth I actually stopped at and went into was Chic Unique.  She had lots of stuff I just loved.

DSC07738_6758

DSC07739_6759

DSC07740_6760

I loved the way she stacked these chairs.

DSC07741_6761

DSC07742_6762

Some random booth shots.

DSC07744_6764

DSC07745_6765

Loved this potting bench but it was way too big for me.

DSC07746_6766

DSC07747_6767

DSC07751_6771

This next booth belonged to A Royal Nest.  Loved their stuff, too.

DSC07748_6768

This one is for LuLu!  I thought of her as soon as I saw these and took the picture just for her.  {You’re welcome!}.

DSC07749_6769

DSC07750_6770

This booth belonged to Sue’s friends, Terri and Kathy of Nostalgia’s Cottage.  I bought something from them that I’ll show you below.  They had a great looking booth, too.

DSC07752_6772

DSC07753_6773

Me and Sue {kindly taken by Sue’s husband}.

DSC07743_6763

Debby met up with both Sue and I.  Thank God for cell phones!  Here is a picture of the three of us at Sue’s friends’ booth.

DSC07755_6775

A great fabric that I found over a year ago and used on a chair makeover I did has been all over blogland since then.  Well, this event was no exception.  I must have seen at least 20 pieces of furniture with this fabric on it in a matter of 10 minutes.  Take a look.

DSC07756_6776

DSC07757_6777

DSC07758_6778

DSC07761_6781

I’m not sure which I liked more ~ the chair or the pillow sitting on it!

DSC07759_6779

DSC07760_6780

DSC07762_6782

DSC07764_6784

Here are the goodies I got.  I bought these clock faces from Sue’s friends’ booth.

DSC07771_6791

From the first booth I stopped in I got this cloche and this letter E for my granddaughter.  I’ve been looking for a cloche about this size for this cake/cookie stand.  This one fits it perfectly.

DSC07768_6788

DSC07769_6789

After looking at some of these wire egg baskets at various booths, I finally found one that was more reasonably priced at $20.00.

DSC07765_6785

Isn’t the little tag with the chick on it cute?  This will be getting a coat of ASCP French Linen and will be holding toilet paper in the bathroom.

DSC07766_6786

And just because I was blocking it in most of the pictures, here is the cute tank I wore.

SONY DSC

I got this from Paris Rags online shop after Carol at The Polka Dot Closet blogged about her antique and flea market, and happened to share their booth.  It got hot so I can tell you I was glad I chose this to wear.  Once I get a foldable cart, I’m ready for the next one!

27 comments:

Lori said...

What fun! Great things to see. Where is this flea market? What state? Probably not close to Texas. Love your top!

Debby said...

YOu took some great photos. It's funny to see things in your photos that I didn't see.
So glad I finally got to meet you.
Love your top.
A little cart is a good idea.....I will be looking for one as well.
Have a good time on your trip.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Fleas are so much fun!!! I'm going to one Sunday and may go to another Saturday if hubby doesn't give me a guilt trip, ha ha ha

I have a tank very similiar to that. I got mine at Kohl's :)

xoxo

Okio B Designs said...

Once again, so jealous! Why don't they have those here?????? How did you not go crazy. I think I would have spent a small fortune. Love the clock faces! You'll have to fill me in on the prices and such when I see you.

J

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! I would love to shop there. All of the booths looked amazing.

Love your top!

Sonny G said...

what a great place to shop...

love love love that script fabric and it looks like many others do too..

glad ya'll were able to meet up.. I know ya had a great time.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Kathy, first for the important stuff.... I love your cute top. The color is so pretty and you look mavalous daling! I would love to shop or browse ( no- shop) at a place like that. There are so many wonderful things to enjoy and wish for. Have a great holiday weekend!------ Shannon

Shabby chic Sandy said...

First of all--I love that tank top!!! You look adorable. There were so many chairs in this post I love my heart was racing. Good thing I wasn't there. I would have a house full of chairs! I also love the dress forms--there was so many great things.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I'm so JEALOUS!!! This looks fabulous!! Love the little cloche!We need more shows like that in my neck of the woods!!

Lou Cinda :)

KimMalk said...

This looks like so much fun, Kathy! It's great that you had Sue to go with. Although I really enjoyed the Fancy Flea, I miss those great flea markets way up north! P.S. Totally LOVE your bedcrown from a few posts earlier--so chic!

Together We Save said...

Wow - amazing finds!!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy! How much fun that must have been!! I have one of those egg baskets and I use mine in the powder room to hold toilet paper too. FYI....we hung the swing on the front porch yesterday....HOORAY!!! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, Gail

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tour of the flea market. I saw so many great things there! I once had my hand on that black and white bread and pastry sign you showed in one of your pics. It was at a local antique shop. I didn't get it and now I'm sorry I didn't. Your pic reminded me of it. Love the french pillows too. Have fun playing with your new goodies too!

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

That looked like an awesome sale!

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

That looked like an awesome sale!

NanaDiana said...

What a lot of eye candy going on here. I haven't been to a real flea market in a long time. You found some wonderful things. A cart is the best idea ever! xo Diana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great pics of the antique fair!....Love the basket as I bought the same basket at an antique fair last month!..
Glad you had a great time there!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Guess that's one of the many advantages of living in Ohio. I would love to have been there but after our trip to The Depot in Concord, NC we were both broke! LOL!

Love you in that top. Too cute you are!

hugs
Sissie

LuLu Kellogg said...

OMG Kathy....thank you for taking the pic of the skellies! You are such a doll to have taken those so I could see!!

I love your top from Kimberly at Paris Rags! I have a couple of her pieces and love them!

Going back to look at your pics again...what a great flea this was!

LuLu~*xoxo

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, What fun! I love the clock faces and your top is adorable.

Sue said...

Kathy, I'm already looking forward to the Sept. show! I need to show you the cart I need to sell. We had fun, didn't we? I think next trip we take, we should go to Columbus. Notice I only "suggested" it? LOL. Far be it from me to act bossy! :-)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I see so many wonderful goodies. I love the potting bench, stool, Paris bench, chairs, etc. lol Adorable tank top your wearing.

Dee

Pam Kessler said...

Yay! Lot of pictures. You would think I would have remembered some of these booths, but they don't look familiar now. I was going to use that same written fabric to redo a chair in my bedroom too! Glad you had a good time.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Wow! Great pics of the booths and fabulous things you saw! I'm FULL of ideas now!
Blessings, Lorraine

Pamela said...

Kathy it looks like you had a wonderful time and oh my look at all there was too see!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Soooo many cute things to bring home! Love that pink chair - well love the shape, I'd have to repaint it :)

Kathy said...

Kathy - great pics from the show! It was nice to meet you, and so glad you had a great time at the show (it is amazing, isn't it??). We're looking forward to Springfield in September, and I've got lots of new projects to work on!

Take care and have a great weekend (see you in September!)

Kathy

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...