Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Powder Room Sign

I showed you my Pantry sign here.  I then made a Powder Room sign for my daughter using these frames I got from Christmas Tree Shop on clearance.

DSC07182_6246

Her powder room is right off  her kitchen, but there are also two more doors ~ one to the garage and one to the laundry room, so with this door kept closed, it can get confusing for visitors to know which door leads to the Powder Room.  I think this will solve that problem.

DSC07184_6248

The font used is called Precious and the size is 250.  I did her frame in ASCP Old Ochre and the inset in my chalk paint mix of plain old white. 

DSC07185_6249

I traced over the wording, with graphite paper under it.  I then went back in with a fine line brown Sharpie to outline and go over the finer lines.  I then used Burnt Umber craft paint to fill in the thicker lines.  Finally, I went back, again, with a fine line gold paint pen.  This helped clean up my shaky lines from the brush.

DSC07545_6589

DSC07543_6587

I stuck it on the molding over my bathroom door just to give you an idea of how it will look.

DSC07548_6592

I put my hall light on here and you can see that it catches the gold of the paint pen outline.

DSC07549_6593

I don’t think anyone will be getting lost in her laundry room now when looking for the powder room!

DSC07552_6596

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Swing into Spring at DIY by Design

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Trash 2 Treasure at Kammy’s Korner

21 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I like the font you used, Kathy. Very pretty.

Olive said...

That is a most desirable label Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Great job, it looks great! I know your daughter's guests will appreciate it :) Hugs ~ Mary

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I love this! It looks fantastic!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I love the sign and the gold outline.

Dee

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Just lovely!!!

Janet xox
The Empty Nest

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kathy!

Becca Bertotti said...

What a great idea, Kathy! You have a MUCH steadier hand than me, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Cute idea! The gold paint really adds a great touch.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so pretty--love the font!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Gosh honey I think I am repeating myself when I say is there anything you can't do? hahaha
Seriously though these turned out so nice. My daughter would love to have you for a mom.
Sending you lots of good wishes for the rest of this week.
Love ya
Maggie

DIYbyDesign said...

Such a pretty sign. You did such a great job. Love the font.

NanaDiana said...

Really, really cute. It turned out great! xo Diana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy, you are so the creative, talented one...I love the sign...you did a great job!!.

Unknown said...

very cute! You do such a nice job on your signs!

Little Miss Maggie said...

I have used this font before, and I love it, but I never tried it with the pen before. Nice result.

Gail said...

Kathy, both of your signs are so pretty and I love the font you used. You have a much more steady hand then I do. I use my Cricut to make a stencil. In fact, I made one yesterday using it for a sign I made for the screened-in porch. Enjoy your day, Gail

Amy said...

Love it! I want one!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great sign and do like the font.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Kathy your so good at this it's scary..Just GREAT my friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

More inspiration for me!! Thanks for showing us how! ~Zuni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...