Friday, October 18, 2013

A Fall Project For The Granddaughter

SONY DSC

After seeing two versions of a leaf {or nature} book ~ these two, to be specific, I knew I wanted to make one for my granddaughter.  I did kind of a combination of these two ideas. 

Cats On The Homestead: Leaf Book for Kids

Source: Cats On The Homestead blog

Paper Bag Exploring Journals | Crafting in the Rain

Source: Pinterest: Crafting In The Rain blog

Last year, when we took walks in the Fall, we picked up pretty leaves along the way.  This year my granddaughter will actually have someplace she can put them. This project took me about an hour to put together.

SONY DSC

Using a manila folder, some ivory cardstock, a brown grocery bag, Mod Podge, washi tape and images from The Graphics Fairy {and Google} made this an easy project, especially since I didn’t have to buy anything.  I cut the folder and cardstock image with text to be 5 x 7 1/4. 

SONY DSC

Once I glued the card stock to the outside back and front of the manila folder, I glued the cut brown grocery bag “pages” to the inside covers of the “book”.

SONY DSC

Some washi tape down the middle center of the book.

SONY DSC

And more for the binding.

SONY DSC

I personalized the back cover.

SONY DSC

I finished off by just rubbing a distressed ink pad along the edges and a bit more on the front cover to give it an aged look.

SONY DSC

Now it is all ready for my granddaughter to add some of the Fall leaves she finds!  {I did notice after taking these pictures that my Scrabble tile “N” is upside down.}

Linking up with

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little girl! I know she will treasure this always. Have fun on your walks with her.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

How sweet!! I love it Kathy...something she will treasure forever!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a fabulous idea. I love it and she will be thrilled. Hugs, marty

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Such a pretty and thoughtful gift!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

I love it! The leaf journal will be a sweet keepsake, bringing back good memories of your time together.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a great idea...thanks for the inspiration! Have fun with your granddaughter!

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy what a wonderful and special treasure for your grand. She will love and cherish it always.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy I think you have made a forever heirloom...So great!

Carol

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is just such a wonderful little gift for your granddaughter, she'll cherish it, just adorable, love the brown bag basics!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh! What a sweet gift Kathy for a sweet little girl! She will love it! Have a wonderful weekend Kathy! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...