Monday, October 28, 2013

French Script Table

SONY DSC

I brought this table back home from my booth to give it a better makeover.

SONY DSC

I had scrambled to find pieces and get them in my booth as quickly as possible when I first rented my space the Friday before Easter.  This one had gotten a quick harlequin pattern on top.  Since it is still in my possession, I figured it was time for a proper makeover. 

SONY DSC

I decided to use the Powder River Blue Sage sample that I got from Lorraine at Miss Flibbertigibbet when I met up with her at Haven this year.  The sample just made it in covering this table with two coats.

SONY DSC

I also added a French script stencil that I had found on Etsy after seeing Dee’s projects using it on her furniture pieces.  These stencils come in five different pieces with each one having a sentence on it.  I added the French script wording using white paint. I’ve been wanting a French script stencil and this one is great for my use because it’s not a big wall stencil.

SONY DSC

Just to give it a little more interest, after waxing the piece with a clear wax, I added a little bit of Antique Gold Rub n Buff to some of the details to make them stand out more.

SONY DSC

Back to the booth and then, hopefully, onto someone else’s home!

Linking up with

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Fall Into Fall at DIY by Design

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

25 comments:

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Morning, Kathy! I love that blue color and the french script stenciling. The gold rub n' buff looks great. I always love the distressed look. Have a wonderful week! P.S. I now play your Peter Rabbit music Box for Olivia as she loves anything that makes music or noise right now. She just stares at it with awe! We so love your thoughtful gift. ~ Jamie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It turned out great! I bet it sells fast now.

Okio B Designs said...

Wow Kath, it looks gorgeous now! I like it much better now and I'll bet someone grabs that pretty quickly now. The script really adds a pretty touch.

Jeanine

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I am a foodie, but had to comment that I love your table. Great job!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Beautiful makeover, Kathy. The table looks quite elegant and light now.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

It's so cute! I loved both ways, but this changed the entire table! It's such a fabulous size! I know this will sell quickly! I painted a clock three times when I had a booth- you just never know what will sell!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It looks perfect! I bet it will sell! Love the color!

Patty Rumaker said...

That table is gorgeous and I love the script writing. So lovely.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You just amaze me with how creative you are at transforming tables. I love this one. Hugs, Marty

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the grey with white script! I do the same thing, if it doesn't sell, I just redo it. I have to say I love the harlequin though! Now it will sell quickly!

Carol

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Looks awesome, Kathy - I am certain it will sell quickly!

Well done, ma'am!

Hugs.

Shanee said...

Love this little jewel! Loved the original too. I did the same thing when I opened my booth in September. Thankfully I have only had to makeover 1 piece so far. Thanks for sharing.

farmhouse-story said...

love the make over, kathy! so pretty!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, I love your makeover table in the soft grey with the white script. I am really liking grey lately too.
Hugs

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

That won't be in your booth for long! What a great change!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, I love the transformation! I'll have to check out the stencil on Etsy.
xx,
Sherry

DIYbyDesign said...

Love the transformation. It won't be in your booth for long.

Cynthia said...

This turned out great Kathy!

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh I love the new look....I do not think it will last long in the booth!....the script is so beautiful...great job Kathy as always!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

That is so pretty Kathy! I love the shade of blue you used...it is perfect! I am sure that someone will snap up that table right away! Happy Halloween! Angie xo

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is gorgeous, love the color!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! I love that gorgeous color and the white french script on it. I'm sure it'll sell quickly!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

I love what you wrote in French! Fun!

Dee said...

Thanks for the shout out Kathy! Your table turned out beautiful. Isn't that a fun stencil to work with. You'll get a lot of use out of it. Your work is lovely, Dee from My Painted Stuff

At The Picket Fence said...

Kathy this is soooooo lovely!! You always amaze me with your creations! :-)
Vanessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...