Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 Things You Didn't Know About . . . .

This week we are interrogating speaking with Karen from The Graphics Fairy!  I'm sure there are many of you who {like me} love the graphics that Karen shares with us all.  They translate into such beautiful and creative projects.




Favorite music at the moment:  I usually listen to a lot of Enya, but I just picked up a CD by Ingrid Michaelson which I love.


If you didn't live where you do, where would you live:  I actually obsess about this one a lot! I would really like to live somewhere a little warmer and closer to the ocean. As I get older I find that I just can't take the Winters like I used to!


Favorite cocktail:  Ummm well, I don't actually drink. But, a friend of mine makes these amazing Basil Lemonade drinks in the Summer, they're mean't to be made with Vodka, but he makes mine without, and it's sooo delicious!

Best advice you ever received:  Do what you love. Sometimes it takes awhile to figure out what that is, but once you do it can really change your life.


Person you most admire:   My grandmother. She was so good at so many things. She was super crafty, she could weave her own fabric, sew, crochet etc. She was fluent in French, and was an expert gardener. She was very knowledgeable about antiques and she was quite savvy at real estate too!

Thanks so much Karen for sharing 5 Things we didn't know about you!



20 comments:

extreme personal measures said...

MMMM! Try a Lemoncello Lemonade next time you are at Olive Garden! Love them!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Well come live in my neighborhood, it is pretty close to the ocean and not too cold! How true, do what you love...Janell

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I always enjoy reading this feature of yours Kathy. And it was fun to learn a little more about Karen. She has a great site and is one of the most generous bloggers out there!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks so much for the feature! Such a fun idea!!
Janell... I'm packing my bags now!

Karen

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love seeing all the projects you make with Karen's graphics and that lemonade sounds delish !

Meghan said...

LOVE your blog! I am now a "follower" 

I own a blog/design/scrapbooking/photography/WAHM forum I'd love you to join called My Great Retreat (link is below). Can't wait to keep in touch! i'd love to add you as a designer over there as well.

Meghan
http://tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com
www.mygreatretreat.com
http://mygreatretreat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That Basil Lemonade sounds yummy, and I'm with Karen on wanting to live somewhere warmer and closer to the ocean! It was fun to find out more about her. Her grandma sounds like a great lady too.

Jenny said...

Great post. I admire my Memaw too. She was so awesome!

Jane said...

Thanks for interviewing Karen. Her blog is one of my favorites!
Jane

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading your list.....Enjoyed my visit to your blog tonight while doing a little blog hopping. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and prizes everyday....

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

FILIGREE MOON said...

Kathy, thank you for your feature of Karen today! She's such a fun and generous gal. Love your blog! ~ Angela

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Hey, Kathy I recently started blogging and reading blogs...Yeah I know where have I been these last 5 yrs. Well I just started reading your blog. I'm from Barbados in the Caribbean, no winters here, so come on down for a visit.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love Ingrid too! The Graphics Fairy is indeed a lovely site.

Jane B. said...

I've got to go visit her! I keep saying I will, but never do! Any site with free stuff is like "the bomb"! Um...I think I'm the only blogger who drinks - lol! Remember when you featured me, I posted a photo of the hubby and I drinking martinis! :)

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I liked learning a few things about you. I love my cabinets painted, but I could not sell my honey on the ideal... he should not have gone out of town.

Unknown said...

These posts are fun-but I tell you this EVERY week! Maybe I should go listen to enya! hehe

extreme personal measures said...

Kathy,
Finally posted shots of the chair.
Hope to retake the final shot. This pic does not do it justice.
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Cindy N. said...

I discovered Karen's blogs recently and just love her work and postings. She is a wonderful person. Thank you for sharing this beautiful chat.

The Single Nester said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

EMBELLISH said...

What a fun and clever post. It is always fun to get to know someone that you would have otherwise never had an opportunity to get to know! I am so appreciative of Karen!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...