Monday, February 8, 2010

Random Decor Projects Around The House

I had a couple of quick little projects that I managed to get done last week.  These types of things are always a great pick-me-up, because it’s something I can get done in one evening and I don’t have to go to the store to get “something”.

You remember my gold crown stocking holder I got from Tuesday Morning.

IMG_4374_2089

I broke off the stocking holder part and got my spray paint out.

IMG_4668_2288

Here it is now spray painted white.  Even after 2-3 coats, the gold color underneath gives it an antique white look in person.  I got some new tags recently, so I added one to it.

IMG_4716_2307

I had this old picture I found in the basement.  Small and narrow, but with some great detail on it, I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do with it.  The frame was an antique gold and the print was of a bird on a branch.

IMG_4651_2294

I was lost in between the jewelry and scrapbooking aisles at Michael’s one day and stumbled upon these keys {you can just see the package in the background below}.  The keys have words on them like “Memories”, “Love”, etc.  I had this package of rub-on words that I had picked up months ago.  Finding a rub-on and a key that seemed to work together made the decision for me.

IMG_4652_2295

I spray painted the frame black first.  I decided to use the rub-on that says “precious memories” and the key that says “Memories”.  I covered the backing of the picture with my linen-like fabric from Joann’s.  Hot glued the key to the backing and put the rub-on on the outside of the glass.

IMG_4658_2298

I put it in my upstairs hallway where I have family pictures on ledge shelves.

IMG_4664_2300

Linking up with:

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

Make My Monday at Twice Remembered

It’s So Very Cheri

DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land

25 comments:

Charity said...

I love both of these ideas, your attention to detail is amazing. I think either one of these would make great gifts also, thanks for sharing your great work.

Cha Cha

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I must say that your projects are "precious!" The crown is so pretty after you painted it and added your little tag. The picture frame is adorable. I could just see those all over the house!

Have a good week.
Sissie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Kathy, these are just absolutely fantastic! I love QUICK and EASY projects . . . of course one has to find these fabulous items first, LOL

((Hugs))

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I love all the projects you are coming up with using those keys. All great! And what a difference that white paint made on your crown piece. Like it much better.

Anonymous said...

Now those little projects are perfect!

One Cheap B*tch said...

The crown looks fantastic now! And I love what you did with the key and the wording. Very pretty touches!

Heather Henderson said...

oooh, i love both projects. I just ordered a set of keys and I can't wait to start dotting them around my home.

Gail said...

I just love doing little projects like that. It makes you feel like you have accomplish so much especially when the end results looks amazing like yours does.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love, Love, LOVE these! BOTH of them! Genius!

Love the framed key....

Lou Cinda :)

Together We Save said...

I just love the framed key, great idea.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think they both turned out great. I really like the framed key. I have an old key...might have to try it.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think both projects turned out great. I like the key idea...I have an old key so may have to try it.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

I love both of your projects! Very pretty!!!
Daphne

Love the Decor! said...

Great work Kathy!!
I love that framed key project!!

Room to Inspire said...

All I can say is - Love, love, love the crown!

Chelsea

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Love that crown! And the frame with that linen fabric - great!

DAnielle

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Two great ideas to use. Love the crown and the framed key is really nice. Thanks for visiting my blog...Kim

Heathahlee said...

Both the crown and the key projects are beautiful! Love those ideas! I haven't been to Michael's in forever. Next time I'm there I'm looking for those keys!

Dena Pickle said...

I love both of these projects Kathy, great ideas! I wish I had seen the crown stocking holder at my Tuesday Morning....darn

Patricia said...

amazing ideas!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Kathy, love the crown, what a clever thing to make it your own, I also really love the picture frame with the key, that is just sooooo cute...loved the post..Phyllis

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Very cute projects Kathy! I love them! Hope you had a good Monday!

XOOX
Jen

Pamela said...

Love both of these! Where did you get your tags? I was thinking abt getting the Pottery Barn keys. I think I just might now. You are the second post with keys.

Leanne said...

Both of your projects turned out so great. Thanks for the inspiration. I love Tuesday Morning. I always find something there that I just can't live without.

Frugal Home Designs said...

That crown is so cute! What a great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...