Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun Frugal Finds

From Target!  I would have put that in my title, but it would have messed up my alliteration flow.

IMG_5005_2481

I had a day off from the day job on Monday so I made a trip to Home Depot and Target {which is, fortunately, in the same shopping center}.  Right through the door, I headed to the little $1.00 area in the front.  I found these great little clipboards ~ on clearance for $.70 each!   The frames were $.98 each and hold a 3 x 5 picture.

IMG_5006_2482

In the scrapbook and photo album aisles I found these plastic little photo albums for $1.99 each.  I picked up a few to transform into brag books for when my first grandchild arrives this Summer.  I really only need to change out the removable cardboard inserts in the cover and . . . .

IMG_5007_2483

add some pretty little embellishments, which I also found for $3.49 and $1.99!   In this same area I found the rub-ons {$.99}, the “Kiss” glitter word {.99}, and the chipboard alphabet {$.99}.

IMG_5009_2484

Even though I don’t have plans for some of these finds, I’m sure I’ll come up with something!

Linking up to Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous.

 

14 comments:

Design Esquire said...

Great deals!!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Score ! I'm sure you'll think of something great.

Heather Henderson said...

so cute! My target has some of this but it seems other stores are better stocked.

luciwallis said...

i love to search the clearance sections, great finds!
Bristol

Molly said...

simply said....jealous. I have no Target within a 100 mile radius!!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Don't ya just love having a little free time and then go treasure hunting! And you got some awesome and fun treasures!

Pat@BPM said...

I always go straight to those dollar shelves at Target, first thing. You found some neat items, Kathy.

Jeanette said...

Score! Love those dollar shelves.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Great finds! We were in Target a few days ago and I noticed that they had a lot of stuff clearanced in the $1 spot - only I couldn't get to it! It was mobbed! I didn't look in the scrapbook aisle - I'll be sure to next time I go.

Manuela

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Great finds! Love that you worked the word alliteration into your post! You add class to blogland!

Dreams of Perfection said...

I love Target's $1 spot!! I didn't think there was a better deal, yet you proved me wrong!!

Diane @ InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Kathy-
I have found that not only the dollar section at Target- but the endcaps on the aisle in every dept always have the best stuff. I have a stash that I bought like you did because it was such a great deal. When ever I do use it, my freinds and family always want to know where I got it - Tar"jay" of course.
Diane

Unknown said...

There you go gettin all crafty again!

claire said...

Great finds! I really adore the $1 section at Target and all the aisles with the sign "clearance"! I'm sure you'll transform these goodies into something beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...