Saturday, April 20, 2013

Booth Progress

SONY DSC

Slowly but surely I am getting things done in my booth.  While I hope I recoup the money I am spending to decorate it {I’m trying to keep costs down}, I guess you have to spend money to make money. 

2013 04 12_1007

SONY DSC

Recent additions include this dress form {for display only}I got at Christmas Tree Shop.

2013 04 12_1009

For $59.00 it seemed like a good investment.  It is wearing one of my embellished adult aprons and I also hung some totes off the shoulder.  She fills one back corner and brings a little bit of height to the space.

2013 04 12_1014

I also found this fold-up tray table at the local antique mart for $35.00 {also for display only}.  I didn’t have to do anything to it as it was already black. 

SONY DSC

This is pulling double duty, too, by holding things on top, but I also used the two handles on the side to display a couple of tea towels.

SONY DSC

I also decided to do an inexpensive treatment using wide burlap garland.  I found the burlap at Hobby Lobby and just put some screws in the wall to swag it on.  Using some rubber bands I did poofs on each end. 

SONY DSC

I think it makes for a nice effect.  Plus it covers up some of that white wall space near the top of the booth.

SONY DSC

I am just waiting to get a couple of bi-fold doors off my friend Sue and, once they are painted, they will be put into place.  I hope to have that done next week.  I’m also looking forward to our community garage sale here the weekend of May 3rd to find some furniture pieces that I can paint up and get in the booth.  Hopefully, I’ll have more progress to share next week.

29 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It is looking wonderful. I love how you have draped the burlap, that really helps to give the space interest. Hugs, Marty

DIYbyDesign said...

Your booth is looking beautiful. I am sure it's going to be a total success! Good luck.

NanaDiana said...

It's looking really good, Kathy! What fun and I hope you can sell a lot of things. Great idea with the burlap- xo Diana

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kathy, your booth looks great! You've got some really great items for sale!

Debby said...

Looking better each time. I hope that it goes well for you.

Cynthia said...

The booth is looking great, you are going to do well. Good luck for some great sales but with your talent there should be no problem.

Cynthia

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
WOW your space looks great. You have really done a lot. I want to come and shop. LOL~~ I see some wonderful treasures here.
The burlap wall garland is a great idea to fill in. Years ago I did this with tulle when that was the look. I love the burlap.
I bet you are having lots of fun.
Hope you sell lots.
Have a nice weekend.
XO CM

Okio B Designs said...

Wow! It's coming along quite nicely!

J

Becca Bertotti said...

Your booth looks awesome, Kathy! You've got such fun goodies that will be scooped up quickly! I love your burlap *curtains,* too!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It's looking great Kathy! Hope you are successful garage saling!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Your booth is looking great. You will have it full in no time....believe me!
Just so you know, if your don't already....whenever you put something in your booth and it isn't for sell....they will always want it!

hugs
Sissie

This N That said...

Your booth looks great Kathy..Love the dress form..You'll find many uses for it.

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - Your booth is looking great. Great idea with the dress form as a model for your goods.

Judy

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your booth looks like one I would stop by and shop in. I wish you great success!

Linda said...

I really like your booth. Is there any way you can incorporate a mirror either on the wall, dresser, or even on the floor behind one of the areas.Great job.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You're making great progress on your booth, Kathy- wish I lived closer so I could visit. :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wishing you lots and lots of sales, Kathy! Looking good, lady!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it Kathy! It looks so gorgeous! I love dress forms....they are so pretty & elegant! Have a wonderful Sunday with your family! Angie xo

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, Love the burlap ribbon you're using, the booth is looking really good. Some furniture would make it great. Have a good time garage sailing.

Gail said...

Your space is looking great Kathy! My booth right now is starting to look pitiful....I'm needing more inventory! I hit a few yard sales this weekend and was able to find a few things. Now, I need to get to work on painting them. Enjoy your day, Gail

Our Hopeful Home said...

It's really coming along, love how you hung the burlap! Also love the dress form. Is the Christmas shop local or online?

Junkchiccottage said...

Wow Kathy,
I am loving your booth. It looks so cute. Love the burlap poofs on the wall so adorable.
Kris

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I think your booth is looking great. I love how all the burlap looks. Great idea! Everything is starting to fill up nicely. The two tables are cute. If I was shopping there and saw your booth it would for sure catch my eye and I would check everything out! Have a great rest of your weekend. ~ Jamie

Stitchfork said...

Lookin' good! Love the dress form display!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

It's looking good Kathy...like how you added the burlap.

Blessings,
Linda

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Your booth looks great! Yes, I am afraid that you do have to spend money to make money! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

farmhouse-story said...

it draws the eye in,kathy--so pretty with the burlap, and dressform modeling your products:)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy...your booth is really coming along and looks wonderful!...I would definitely be drawn to it!!!..I am sure you are having so much fun!!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Your space is really filling up. I bet you are having loads of fun with it. It all looks great, Kathy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...