Friday, April 19, 2013

Just A Couple Of Frames

SONY DSC

Two frames I found at Goodwill got a makeover.

2013 04 01_0920

I forgot to take a picture of the second one.  That one was all gold {very bright} and it got a coat of Antoinette chalk paint and then a light brushing across the detailed front.  This allowed the gold to show through and give it kind of a gilded look.

SONY DSC

I added a scrap of toile fabric I had to the insert so this way it would not just be an empty frame.

SONY DSC

The larger frame got a coat of Vintage White craft paint just to shabby it up a little.

SONY DSC

For this one I printed out a graphic I had saved on my computer and inserted that in the frame.

SONY DSC

Quick and easy makeovers for a couple of thrift store frames.  They are on their way to the booth!

13 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They look great Kathy! Love the pink one with the gold peeking through.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both look amazing. I love the deail and the prints inside. Hugs, Marty

Gail said...

Great make-overs Kathy! Frames do sell at my booth even empty ones. Hope you're having a wonderful time in sunny California.

Cynthia said...

Bothe are amazingly beautiful Love toile!!!

Cynthia

Okio B Designs said...

Love them both. The toile was a really pretty touch!

Jeanine

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, love your frames and the color transformations. They will be gorgeous in your booth.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, CM

NanaDiana said...

Cute, cute makeovers. A lot of impact for a little paint! xo Diana

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love them both.

Debbiedoos said...

Two cuties right here. I love the detail on them Kathy. Happy Friday.

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Very creative, love them!!

Blondie's Journal said...

The detail on these frames is awesome! And the paint really brings it out. I'd pay a pretty penny for these!

XO,
Jane

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful Kathy...they will be a terrific addition to your booth...I am sure that they will not last long there!

Little Miss Maggie said...

The frames turned out great. No one would ever guess they came from GW. I love the toile fabric you chose to fill one of the frames. Nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...