Friday, April 26, 2013

Keyed Up

I found these great Syroco keys at Goodwill recently and, while I love them for myself, I thought they’d be good additions to my booth. 

2013 04 22_1103

SONY DSC

I wasn’t sure if I was going to paint them or not since gold seems to be making its way back into home décor.  I am finding I have the same problem as other booth vendors ~ letting some of my finds go!  I decided to keep the smaller key and add it to my entry wall gallery, and I decided to leave the large key gold and see if it sells.  If not, I can always paint it. 

2013 04 22_1115

The smaller key got a brush of La Craie Wrought Iron paint, then wiped with a paper towel so it just hit the details.  This is the first time I am trying La Craie.  I purchased two sample colors from Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage

2013 04 22_1116

The key can hang horizontally or vertically and to fit in with my wall I hung it vertically.

SONY DSC

You might also notice that I added the mirror with black and gold trim.  That was another Goodwill find and there were two.  Since I could only manage one in this area, the second went to my booth.

I’m having a giveaway for The Design Cookbook by Kelly Edwards here! Ends April 27th!  Lots of pictures and great decorating tips.

14 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your wall collage is looking fabulous. Love it and the key is a great addition. Hugs, Marty

Okio B Designs said...

The key looks great on your gallery! I don't know if I'd be able to give up the other. Good luck at the booth!

Jeanine

Cynthia said...

I love these keys what great finds and the one you hung looks so great!

Cynthia

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Those keys are a great find, Kathy- I love all the detail.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Love the small key on your wall. It just finishes your gallery hanging in that direction.
Great finish you added. Have fun in your booth.
Hugs, CM

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Really love the key on your gallery wall...great find Kathy...you are certainly having fun finding things for your booth! Have a great weekend!

Gail said...

Kathy, I love the addition of the key on your gallery wall! Enjoy your weekend, Gail

This N That said...

Key looks great..Could hang either way..I'm a big fan of collages.

Nayana said...

Great find..I love the transformation and it looks great on gallery wall...

Gypsy Heart said...

Love the key added to your wall. Not sure I could give up a lot of finds. :)

Pat

20 North Ora said...

Kathy, love your key in your arrangement. I like it toned down a little bit. Great job!

Judy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a great find! I've never come across keys like that in my thrifting.

Well the great thing about having a booth space is that you can sell all the great things you find but if they don't....you have a good excuse to keep them :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your wall looks great! The smaller key was the perfect addition!
My MIL had the same two keys that match a mirror and clock. You have given me a great idea by adding the black paint. I love La Craie paint! It's so silky!

Tammy Killoough said...

I love your collage wall...the key looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing! ~Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...