Thursday, April 18, 2013

Guest Post ~ Kristen From Ella Claire

Welcome! Up for you today, I have a guest post from a new {to me} bloggy friend, Kristen from Ella Claire!  I only came across Kristen’s blog within the past few months and have been smitten by what she’s accomplished in her beautiful home, as well as her lovely little daughter. Now, for your reading pleasure, I present Kristen!

 
Hello, my name is Kristen and I blog over at Ella Claire. I am so excited to be here guest posting today! Thank you so much Kathy for having me.
 
I am so inspired by vintage charm, and a lot of what I share on my blog reflects that. I love to decorate, makeover furniture, throw parties, and anything DIY. Today, I thought I would share how I make little treat bags for parties!
 
First, gather some old book pages. Try to find some that are fairly sturdy. For mine, I used pages out of a vintage German dictionary I had on hand.
 
 
Next, fold your pages in half.
 
 
And then use your sewing machine to sew the edges. I used the outside of my foot for a guide. {please excuse my un-manicured fingers. I have been working in the yard :)}
 
 
Then fill with your treats. I used some clearance Easter candy I had on hand.
Super easy!
  
 
I think they add a little charm, don't you?
I also made some similar ones out of disposable placemats {here} to hold chips for my little one's shabby chic garden birthday party. They were super easy and fun.
 
 
Thank you, again, for letting me visit Kathy! :)

 

What a creative way to make treat bags for a party!  Please visit Kristen’s blog for some other wonderful ideas and to see her lovely home.  Thank you so much, Kristen!

10 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great, and very unique idea! Heading over to Kristen's blog to see more! :)

Okio B Designs said...

Really sweet idea!

Jeanine

NanaDiana said...

I just love Kristen- She is such a sweet girl- xo Diana

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kristen, What a wonderful project to hold treats.
Thank you Kathy for the intro to Kirsten.
Happy Thursday,
Hugs, CM

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

These would be so cute incorporated into a table setting - so cute! Going to stop by her blog now!

DIYbyDesign said...

Such a cute idea.

Decor To Adore said...

Isn't this wonderful! Such a sweet treat!

Have a lovely day!

The Bashful Nest said...

I love when something simple can be so beautiful! Have a great weekend.

xoxo. Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

Kristen Whitby said...

I just got back into town and had to hurry and check your cute blog! Thank you again for letting me guest post :) Such sweet comments! You're the best :)

Allison said...

Adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...