Saturday, April 27, 2013

Vintage Supply Swap

The most recent swap I did was hosted by Elizabeth of Creative Breathing.  The swap was to create a Vintage Swap Supply Box using a box no bigger than a shoe box. Which is what I used ~ a shoe box that I luckily must have saved some months ago thinking it would come in handy. 

2013 04 10_0995

My partner was Michele of Nook and Cranny.  Michele is a very talented and creative crafty person, and I was hoping to give her a pretty vintage look box with some useful crafting supplies.  I started out by covering the box in some scrapbook paper I had.  A nice faded blue and cream polka dot for the bottom and a coordinating blue and cream paper for the lid.

2013 04 13_1016

I found a paper doll image on Pinterest, printed it out on cardstock, and glued that to the lid. 

SONY DSC

I made it a little more personal by using a small doily {received in another swap} and a Scrabble letter “M”.

SONY DSC

I filled it with a bunch of goodies!  Some I bought and some I already had.  I hope I gave Michele a good assortment to make some new projects!

SONY DSC

Here is the box I got from Michele.

2013 04 22_1105

2013 04 22_1107

Lots of goodies! 

2013 04 22_1110

Trims, lots of crafting supplies, buttons, a wonderful old book of Grimms Fairy Tales.

2013 04 22_1111

Game pieces, old cards, new cards with beautiful pictures taken in Vermont.

2013 04 22_1112

2013 04 22_1113

2013 04 22_1114

A really fun item that Michele included was this newspaper from 1929.  I think this will be an interesting read.

2013 04 22_1104

I must have sat for almost an hour going through everything!  I felt like a kid at Christmas.  Thank you so much, Michele! I love it all!

 

10 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty boxes! The 1929 newspaper was a great addition - I love stuff like that!

Okio B Designs said...

Yowza! That's a lot of goodies! Have fun with everything!

Jeanine

Diana Seal said...

Oh, what a sweet goodie box, Kathy! Michele is a very lucky person!
Happy crafting!!!
Have a great weekend!
Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, a box full of super yummy treasures. Hugs, Marty

Sherry said...

That looks like it was a fun swap. Just swapping pretty boxes is a fun idea but when they are filled with such treasures to inspire creativity, wow!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I love the box you made for her. The paper doll is so cute...it's just perfect.
I love the box she sent you. And yes, I too would be like a kid in a candy shop with all that wonderful loot!

hugs
Sissie

This N That said...

Kid at Christmas for sure..Can't wait to see what you do with all that stuff.

Homeroad said...

How fun! I want to do that!!!
Great idea!
Susan

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

FUN swap!!!Lots of goodies for many projects!
deb

Vintage Street Designs said...

Both boxes are just beautiful. What a fun and very special swap! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...