Monday, April 8, 2013

Gallery Wall In A Small Entry

I finished the gallery wall in my entry/foyer!  I’m really liking it and there is room for me to add some additional small pieces if I’d like.   I was able to use two of the things that I already had and showed you here ~ the clock and the “K” initial.   Everything else I purchased came to a total of approximately $70.00, so I was able to make a change here for a minimal amount of money.

SONY DSC

Just as a reminder, this is what I had “before”.  My problem with this area is that it is a small entry/foyer area, but the wall behind the door seemed like such a large expanse.  The three pictures I had hung here in the interim were not doing anything for me.  {That white thing on the floor is a portable air filter, which has since been moved}.

2013 02 19_0489

Here is what I managed to come up with.

SONY DSC

The items that I did buy I purchased on sale or with a coupon to keep the costs down, or very reasonably priced pieces I found on Etsy. 

SONY DSC

Starting at the top, I made the “Est. 1985” sign from an unfinished wood sign purchased from Michael’s.  With a coupon, it cost me $4.69.  I had the paint and stencils to complete it.  I posted about that project here.

SONY DSC

As I mentioned, I already had the clock and the “K”.  I purchased an “M”, “P”, and “&” from Hobby Lobby.  The “&” was too heavy, fell off the frame and broke.  Since I still wanted one, I went with a vinyl and attached it to the glass of the frame.  I put some Osnaberg fabric behind the glass.

SONY DSC

I purchased two unfinished wood plaques at Michael’s, painted them black and distressed them, and attached the “M” and “P” to them.  I painted the “P” Ivory to break up the dark colors a little.  I had found the oval gold frame at the local antique mart and hung it around the “P”.

SONY DSC

New and purchased from Etsy shops were the Scrabble tile “P” from 15tangerines.  I also purchased the “New York” sign from Sideway Signs on Etsy.  I found the vintage rabbit print on Pinterest, printed that out on some photo paper, and got a frame for it.  The fleur de lis came from Hobby Lobby.

SONY DSC

I picked up the table at the local antique mart and I showed you how I added a little French look to this rustic table here.  I took some books that I would have donated, and painted and stamped them{here}. 

SONY DSC

I also added the Goodwill basket I made over into a French basket

SONY DSC

I’m really enjoying looking at this wall now!  This is what I see now when I am sitting on the sofa in the living room in the morning, having my coffee and reading blogs.  

SONY DSC

I’m so much happier with how it looks now!  Even when I have the door open I can still see a good portion of it.

Linking up with

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

 

30 comments:

Jane said...

Good Morning Kathy! Your gallery wall looks wonderful and makes such an impact on the wall. You have created a very artful display with all of pieces. The little bench is perfect for that space too. Love it all!
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Kathy, That looks really great- I think it defines the area, too, into a real entryway. Good choice of visual interest all the way around. Love the letters intermixed with everything. Perfect! xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Awesome job Kathy!! I love it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. It really looks fabulous. You did a great job of adding different things so it is really interesting and pretty. I think you need to link it up this evening to the new Inspire Me party that is replacing Table Top Tuesday. Hope you'll join. Hugs, Marty

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I love your entryway all finished. The 'Established 1985' sign and the scrabble letter are my favorite parts. The whole thing together looks amazing like it should be in a magazine. I'm definitely pinning this one! Have a great day! ~ Jamie

Olive said...

Kathy, the galley wall is interesting and pretty. I love the mix you used. The bunny print is too sweet. xo, Olive

Okio B Designs said...

It looks fabulous! I love the New York touch too. =) Well done!!!!!

Jeanine

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Your gallery wall turned out great. I love the intermix of your letters with the other elements. Really makes a statement in the entry.
Beautiful job!
XO CM

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You did a great job pulling all those pieces together. I love the way it turned out.

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Great collection! I love all the letters - so glad you didn't give up when the & was too heavy. LOL!
I'm visiting you today from Make It Pretty Monday. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Spring Hello

Unknown said...

It looks great, Kathy!

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Love your gallery wall! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

This N That said...

If there is room, I would move the books to the floor next to the bench..It would look a little wider..The wall looks great..Good job..

Gina Gao said...

You did an awesome job with this wall! It looks great.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - Your arrangement really makes a statement on that wall. Really nice job. Enjoy!

Judy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great job! What a design statement. Letters and numbers are so hot now!

Carol

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The gallery wall is so pretty Kathy!...you did a great job in collecting the perfect items for the wall...such a great coordination of beauty and function!...Well done!!! Love it!

Recreate and Decorate said...

Looks great. I love the bench!

Gail said...

Hi Kathy, your gallery wall turned out great!

Kim said...

You did an awesome job within the space you had to work with Kathy! I love gallery walls and this one is perfect!
xoxo,
Kim

Cynthia said...

Kathy, you did such a great job on the gallery wall, I love all the pieces. I really like that print with rabbits and the clock!

Cynthia

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Kathy that looks ten times better! I love it! That big clock just makes a great focal point with all your other cool things around it!

chateau chic said...

Your gallery wall turned out great, Kathy! It fills up the large entry wall nicely.
Mary Alice

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey, Kathy! I love gallery walls and yours turned out beautifully. I adore that sweet little bunny print!

Nayana said...

Your gallery wall looks fabulous...I love the table too..we need something like that for our small entry...

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What a great idea. Love what you did with everything. The little bench is great touch too!
Liz

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Great job on your gallery wall! Those can be hard to do. Your composition looks great. I like all the extra details you put into it and I love the vintage rabbit print!

Alicia said...

ME ENCANTA LO MINIMALISTA DE LA ENTRDA.
SALUDITOS

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

LOVE your gallery wall!! I would love for you to link up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase.

Just follow the link....http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-licious-craft-showcase-26.html.

Marti

bj said...

You've made a small entry very dramatic and I just love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...