Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lantern Makeover & A Winner

I found this lantern at Goodwill about a month ago and finally got around to giving it a little attention.

2013 04 01_0923

I thought it would be a good candidate for a makeover to use on our little table outside our front door.  After stripping it of its Christmas finery and cutting off the faux rope, I decided to take the easy route and spray paint it. 

SONY DSC

Using what I had on hand, I grabbed a can of Heirloom White spray paint.  I cut some ads that were destined for the recycling can to fit over the glass inserts to protect them from paint. 

2013 04 27_1164

Here it is on our little outdoor table here at the condo, with a tea light ready to be lit.

SONY DSC

I think it’s the perfect size for this little table.  A nice refresh for not a lot of money!

SONY DSC

The winner of the giveaway for The Design Cookbook by Kelly Edwards {via random.org} is comment number 6 ~

Olive from Olive Out!

Congratulations, Olive!  I will be in contact to get your mailing information.

 

11 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

You are so clever and so frugal- that looks awesome on your sweet table, Kathy!

That table is the perfect size for a tea table!!

Hugs.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love it, what a great find. Hugs, Marty

fixitfaerie said...

Oh it looks so much nicer in white. It looks nice on your table. You always do great work. Blessings Paula

Okio B Designs said...

I have to makeover the little one I just got too. Have to find some newspaper to cover the glass. With my luck, I'll get paint all over it. Looks great!

Jeanine

Becca said...

Great score, Kathy! And, I love that you spray painted it white ... looks great on your cute table!

Blondie's Journal said...

The lantern looks fantastic, Kathy! I'm glad you posted this because I have a similar lantern in silver that I've wanted to do over and wasn't sure how to do it. Thanks!

Hurray for Olive!

XO,
Jane

Down to Earth Style said...

I take the "easy route" with spray paint all the time. Taping off the glass isn't fun but you did a great job and your lantern has a completely different look. Good color choice, too.

Michele Smith said...

Great find and makeover! It looks cute on your table.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the lantern--I would have never guessed it would look so great white!

Melissa Skidmore said...

I love lanterns! This one looks great! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very cute, Kathy. I love paint! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...