Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Tray From A Platter

A few months ago, I found these three wooden platters/chargers at the local antique mart. 

2012 11 02_9090

You might remember that I made over two of them and listed them in my Etsy

2012 11 08_9184

2012 11 14_9269

I still had one left and wanted to do something completely different.  Having run out of Old White and Pure White chalk paint, I turned to Vintage White craft paint to paint this piece.

2013 02 04_0376

I found four knobs that I had kept from a night stand makeover to use as feet for the base of the platter.

2013 02 07_0400

2013 02 07_0401

I then pulled out this image that I had copied when I went to the library, to do a Mod Podge transfer.  The image is from The Graphics Fairy.  I usually take a few images with me when I go to the library to use their copier to make toner copies for Mod Podge transfers.

2013 02 07_0403

While I don’t change up the vignettes around our home frequently, I do seem to like changing up whatever vignette I put on our dining table.  

2013 02 10_0434

For right now, I just put my little green plant from Christmas {which I can’t believe is still alive} on it with some faux roses.

2013 02 10_0435

2013 02 10_0436

Keeping it more neutral in a creamy white allows me to use it anywhere in our home, but I kind of like it here for right now.

Linking up to

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

30 comments:

Inmaculada said...

Preciosos los tres, saludos.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I love this project. The little feet on the bottom of the tray is such a great idea. I will have to start looking around for a wood tray! Great idea!

Okio B Designs said...

Love it! And the little knobs on the bottom - genius!

Jeanine

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy, yu really amaze me at every turn.

This is the perfect WOW, and that's the truth of it - I love every one of those projects, but this is just over the top!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You just amaze me with how creative you are. I love all three. Hugs, Marty

Debra@CommonGround said...

I've loved seeing you come up with wonderful ideas for these great platters, adding the feet gives it extra ooomph!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love your trays and your transfers look awesome. I've never tried this before but sure do want to.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on going to the library to make toner copies and I will make one of my own, one of these days!
JP

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

They are so pretty, and love the little feet...so smart!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

farmhouse-story said...

so clever--love the knobs as feet, kathy! your platters look awesome with the transfers!

Blondie's Journal said...

Adding the knobs (feet) to the piece was genius! I love it!

XO,
Jane

Christy James said...

I just picked up a tray at the goodwill that I was hoping to do something similar with only my knobs are more round. I think I like yours better! This turned out fantastic:)

Xo, Christy

Rebecca Nelson said...

Now girlfriend you KNOW KNOW KNOW I love this!!!!

I'm still confused about transferring the image. :(

xoRebecca

Gail said...

Your new try turned out great Kathy! I love the little feet you put on the bottom. Your other trays are so cute too! Did they sell? Enjoy your evening, Gail

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the feet you added to the tray. It really came out great.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Just love your creation. Great how you added the feet. You are so creative. I also use this transfer method and love it.
This Paris graphic is one of my favorites too.
Have a great evening and thank you for sharing this inspiration.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathy,
LOVELY idea with those knobs converted into tray legs!
Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
Mariette

Jan Hermann said...

Oh so pretty, Kathy! I love the knobs used for feet and I love the graphics.

Jan ♥

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Love it! The knobby feet are adorable- did you glue them on?

Entertaining Women said...

Job well done! Thanks for inviting us for speak. Cherry Kay

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, love seeing your gorgeous platter again.
Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love your endless creativity! And your new banner is so lovely. Very you!
Brenda

Rita said...

those pretty little feet on the b ottom of your tray are so brilliant. love the way you transformed your platter.
rita

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great makeovers!
I've been having fun with these graphics too!

Stitchfork said...

Brilliant idea!
Happy ❤ Day!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Now that's a clever idea to put knobs for feet...I love it!

Carol

Little Miss Maggie said...

Very nice re-do, Kathy. I have a couple to work on as well. You have done all three of yours so now I have no excuse but to get busy. I love the transfer you chose.

The Feathered Nest said...

Kathy, I just LOVE THIS!!! I love that you used the knobs for little legs...brilliant girl! What is it about elevating something ~ don't we all just love it more??? Great project sweet friend, sending you hugs and love, Dawn

Unknown said...

I loooove them!!!! Gorgeous!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Pretty! That's a good idea to take a few images with you when you go to the library. Mine is down the road but I don't always have a car. So I should do the same - thanks for the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...