Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Found My Frames!

DSC01805_1358

It’s really sad what passes for excitement for me these days.  The other night I made my 100th trip to our small storage basement hoping that whatever box I packed my cream-colored-distressed-vintage-looking frames in would just present itself to me and say, “Here we are!”.   Basically, that’s just what happened!  I saw some bins that were not stacked as they had been and I opened the closest one.  Don’t you know there was a box inside labeled “White Distressed Frames ~ Fragile”! 

DSC01788_1346

I bought these so long ago {about 10 years} off of eBay just waiting for that perfect thing to be framed in them.  The detail is wonderful and I remember they were quite a bargain.

DSC01789_1347

I wanted to do something to work with the tea party theme for the table I painted up for my granddaughter.  I printed out these pictures that I saved from The Graphics Fairy.

teapot_vintage_image--graphicsfairy1bgteapot_vintage_image--graphicsfairy1bggrnteapot_vintage_image--graphicsfairy1bgpkteapot_vintage_image--graphicsfairy1bgteal

Karen offered them in all four colors!  I printed them on ivory colored card stock and I printed two in mirror image so that they would face the other way. 

DSC01800_1353

DSC01801_1354

DSC01799_1352

Now I just need something for the center.  I had gotten this large frame at Goodwill a few months ago and I just ordered a print for it the other night that I think will work well to tie it all together. 

madteaparty

I have plans to join in on the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party at A Fanciful Twist in June, so I’m sure this will all come in handy!

Linking up to

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

Time Travel Thursdays at The Brambleberry Cottage

Treasure Hunt Thursday at Blue Creek Home

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Kathy

24 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy!
I love what you have done with the frames and the teapot image! Perfect!!!!

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! Love those frames.
I am having a hard time commenting on some blogs unless I do it anonymously...
Penny @ The Comforts of Home.
www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is fantastic! I'm so glad you found them. Isn't it amazing how we look and look for something and usually it just turns up on its own, as if waiting all along for us to look in just the right spot. Turned out beautiful!
Brenda

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOVE these Kathy!
LuLu~*xoxo

Stitchfork said...

Good thing you found them Kath, as they are the perfect match! Happy Memorial Day weekend!
xo Cathy

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

LOVE this Kathy! The set of the four beautiful frame each with a different colored teapot is inspired! Really, really like what you did! Clever girl!

Anonymous said...

Just love the frames!!! Oh, what fun tea parties you are going to have!!!!

xxoo
Marsha

Jane said...

Hi Kathy,
The pictures in those frames are just perfect. Combined with that print you ordered, it is a fabulous wall display. Glad you found those frames (I probably would have forgot I even had them). Your granddaughter is very lucky to have such a talented Grandma!
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your frames and the teapots are fabulous. Perfect. Love the Mad Hatter print too. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Love your beautiful frames, and those cute teapots!

Very pretty1

Unknown said...

Oh My! I love those teapots! I could just go to Graphics Fairy and download them I guess, but . . . nah. Think I'll have to try and paint one :D

They turned out lovely. Great theme!

stefanie said...

oh, those turned out perfect!!!!

Okio B Designs said...

Oh that looks so pretty! Where are they hanging?

Jeanine

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Everything looks great! I love that you flipped 2 of the images to have them all facing the center. And, that they each have their own color. You are so lucky...... when I loose something, I usually have to replace it to have them turn up!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Kathy, I love the teapots - and the frames are just perfect. Don't you love it when a plan comes together - even if it takes 10 years?! Linda

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This looks fantastic Kathy!! Those frames are beautiful!

rachaelk said...

Love everything about this! The print will be perfect with the teapots - so cute! I just became a follower!

:) Rachael

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, The frames are perfect for these prints! The teapots are just adorable.
xo,
Sherry

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Love those frames and the prints are a sweet match for them...just perfect! I can't tell you the stuff I have stashed back for later. I'll find it and pull it out again eventually...It's always such fun to unpack things that were put away until there was room for them or 'til I found a use for them! I've never regretted picking something up that I loved...even if I waited a while to use it.
Q~

Blue Creek Home said...

Too cute Kathy!! You have the best ideas ever and execute them beautifully every time.
Thanks for coming to THT.
Rhonda

Ido said...

Beautiful frames, I just made some art with the same image from the graphic's fairy, lovely!
XXXX Ido

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love those teapot images, Kathy, perfect for the frames you had tucked away! Thanks for linking up for the party! xoxo Debra

JudyBug said...

Beautiful job with the frames. The prints are just perfect!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

You're such a clever gal, Kathy! I love the way you reversed the images so all the teapots would face center stage. And the print you ordered will round out the vignette beautifully. ;)

Thanks for joining the party. I love seeing all your creative ideas linked up.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...