Monday, May 2, 2011

Thrifty Finds ~ The Whites

DSC01401_1035

What a weekend! Saturday I vowed I was going to hit TJ Maxx and the thrift store {they are both in the same area} and I did so bright and early.  I hit TJ Maxx first and, while I also got some clothes there, I found this great white pitcher.

DSC01404_1038

The rim and other detailing match my new white dishes!  Plus, the bonus of a fleur de lis.  A great buy for $6.99.  See, look ~ these are my new white dishes below.  Doesn’t it match up perfectly?!

DSC01178_0857

I headed to the thrift store and had on my mental list some white pitchers, creamers, that sort of thing.  I like the idea of the whites because I can incorporate them much more easily and they look good all year long.  I love the way they look on other blogs being used now in the Spring, but they also look great with some greenery and bits of red at the holidays.  No pitchers, but I did find these.

DSC01405_1039

Large tureen – $6.99.  No lid  or ladle, but it was in perfect condition.

DSC01403_1037

Small tureen {for lack of a better name} – $2.99.  No lid and it has a pretty floral detail.  I have ideas for the use of these two already.  Also in great condition.

DSC01402_1036

This lidded single serve tea or coffee pot, also $2.99.  Love the lid and handle and the spout shape.  It was in great condition until I dropped the lid taking the shipping tape off it.  It didn’t break but I did notice a chip/crack in the inside of the lid that I’m sure I did.

To make them look useful during the open house, I put a floral I got from Kristen at Kristen’s Creations in the large tureen. 

DSC01415_1047

I got a couple of other things there, too, that I am very excited to share with you.  I’m saving them for their own post though, and I think you will love them as I do!

Linking up with

Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous

I Love White at Songbird

Kathy

18 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, love your thrifty finds. That pitcher does match your dishes! You definitely scored this weekend.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great finds Kathy! Do I see a pretty cupboard filled with white???

hugs
Sissie

Amy Chalmers said...

I think you got some great whites. I am partial to the fleur de lis of course!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, great buys, Kathy!!! I had a wonderful shopping weekend too!!! I posted on Saturday my treasure finds!!!

Have a great week!

Marsha

A Few Pennies said...

I love your whites--I can never pass up a bargain on items like this either--they are all beauties! Love the big tureen. Patty

Gloria Fox said...

Great finds!

Stitchfork said...

Score - great finds! I prefer the whites too as the base to change for different holidays and moods.
xo Cathy

BECKY said...

You sure found some great items, gal! Love the floral arrangement in the tureen! Sooo pretty!
I've added to my whites lately, too! I'm always on the lookout, but prefer vintage whites, that look at least a bit vintage!! They make my heart go pitter patter!!
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs,
Becky

Katherines Corner said...

Oh how wonderful. I love white dishware. You found so beauties. big Hugs!

Anny said...

You found some beautiful things, I am always amazed at what gets donated :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kathy, great to see you back! You did find some great things, I love those white dishes too. You did good!

Carrie said...

I love white dishware. I've been known to be unable to stay away from that aisle at Homegoods! I just found a vintage white small tray to feed my addiction at an antique mall. I like your finds!

{found you through Southern Hospitality}

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds. I love white dishes. The fleur-de-lis one is my favorite!
Visiting from Southern Hospitality

One Cheap B*tch said...

How did I miss this post????? That pitcher perfectly matches the Walmart plate set. Score!

J

The Single Nester said...

I just love white! I am trying to get together a collection myself.

Marianne said...

Great finds! I especially love that first white pitcher.

I finally found a quiet morning to visit everybody again and actually leave a comment this time.
Thank you again for playing in my We Love White linky party!

Cajungal47 said...

Can you please tell me is there a mark on the bottom of the fleur de lis pitcher I am looking at this exact set for my new home it is so gorgeous! I am trying to figure out who makes it?!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Fran - since there is no email address attached to your comment, I am responding here. There is a B on the bottom and Made in China on the bottom of the pitcher. Hope this helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...