Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Inspiration ~ What I Wore Wednesdays

I recently found the blog The Little Brown House and I’ve been inspired by Sharyl’s wardrobe and style.  Probably because I would wear the very same things!  I think her weekly feature entitled, “Not Your G-ma’s Wardrobe” says it all!  Here she is in one of her recent postings.

littlebrownhouse

She really looks so put together all the time and I love that she finds a lot of her clothing at TJ Maxx {because I have one not far away!}.  So I made sure I went to TJ Maxx this weekend and went looking through the racks for some new light jackets and whatever else might catch my eye. 

I found this short jacket with rounded collar and 3/4 length sleeves.  I got a few bucks off because one side of the thread loop for the belt was not attached. Warning: blurry pictures ahead but I’m determined to show off these jackets!  A shaky handed person is not a good choice for self-portraits!

DSC01429_1052

This one looks good without the belt as well, which is how I wore it when I ran out Sunday during my open house.  I thought this would work well with jeans and for the day  job.

DSC01428_1051

DSC01423_1050

I also found this longer one with ruffles going from the collar down and this really cool hem.  This one is also belted and could be a raincoat, too.

DSC01433_1053

DSC01436_1055

Love this hem!

DSC01437_1056

I was hoping to catch the ruffles here, but I don’t think they show up in the photo very well.

DSC01440_1059

These jackets will be replacing a couple of older jackets that need to go.  Time to put together a Goodwill box!

Okay.  I will try not to subject you to such eye crossing photos again, but I really was pleased with these purchases!  Next time I’ll try my mini-tripod and the timer on the camera.

Linking up with

What I Wore Wednesdays at The Pleated Poppy

My giveaway for the 5th Annual Cottage Charm Giveaway will run through May 29th!

Kathy

12 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

I love both of those jackets!! Great job!! And I am so envious - you actually have a waist!!! The picture taking thing will get better, but you are off to a great start!! Very pretty blog too!

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Love the jackets. Just got a T.J. Maxx close to where I work and I am so looking forward to visiting it. THanks for visiting my blog.
www.dailydoseoffit.blogspot.com

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Love your both your new jackets! They both look like they'd be perfect with jeans, like your showing, or dressed up a bit.

I'm anxious to check out Sharyl's blog. Thanks for sharing!

Love the Decor! said...

I love both of those Jackets!! Wish I had a TJ maxx nearby
: )

Stitchfork said...

Great jacket finds!! Love your camera strap too! You're lookin' good!
xo Cathy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
You look so cute. It's great to see new photos of you. I always imagine you looking just like your profile pic, but you are even prettier.

hugs
Sissie

All That Glitters said...

Very cute jacket and you are beautiful!!!

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE jackets and these are so cute! You did good! : )

Tara said...

It's a great jacket! You can't have too many ruffles either. TJ Maxx is such a fun place to shop, along with Ross and Marshalls. Thanks for coming by to join my giveaway, I am off to find yours!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, love the jackets! I just might have to make a trip to TJ Maxx. You did great taking your pictures.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Kathy~to quote Will smith from MIB..."you make those look good!"

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

You are one fabulous Grandma I must say! I love your style and you look wonderful darling! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...