Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Restore Cabinet Sample #1

When I went to our local restore for the first time I got a regular size cabinet door and three cabinet door samples.  They were $.50 a piece for the samples and I figured I could come up with some simple projects to use them for.

DSC01475_1090

I wanted to do something quick and easy after work one evening and pulled out my selection of rub-ons.  I took the sample that had two sections {no hole} and applied some of the rub-ons in various spots.

DSC01759_1319

This is four separate rub-ons.  I put it on my harlequin table for pictures, as it is the only place I seemed to have good enough light.  It’s been raining here all week!

DSC01764_1324

Simple, cute and it made me feel like I created something!

Kathy

16 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

That is a really cute project. Very creative.

Loui♥ said...

Extremely creative..
Rub ons?
am not familiar with this..
beautiful finished project!
hugs..
Loui♥

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

What a great idea...simple but makes a big statement.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Love this idea. I haven't done rub ons is a while, I'm sure they have a lot better selection than they use to have. hugs ~lynne~

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

You are so creative! I love this idea! Who knew that ole' door could transform into something so fun?!?

Okio B Designs said...

Really cute!

Jeanine

Jane F @Atticmag said...

That's so clever Kathy. And so thoughtful. Thanks for stopping by to take our house tour.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Third time is a charm!!!! I just love your very creative door plaque, Kathy!

xxoo

Gail said...

O' Kathy, what a cute cabinet door make-over. I love this idea!

Kim said...

Wow! I'm gonna have to check out my local ReStore! THanks for the great idea Kath!
xoxo,
Kim

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Forgot to say, I think I have been "missin' out" not popping over often enough. So, have added you to my blog roll! See I DID manage to do something creative today.... Ha, ha!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Well now aren't you the clever one! Who would have thought to do that...you that's who.
Great, cute project.

hugs
Sissie

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Kathy, we are bracing for bad weather...it's about an hour or two away. Several tornadoes have already touched down in Oklahoma and 7 dead. Very scary...praying the storms weaken...

Love your plaque! Very creative!! Kristen

Margo said...

Oooo...that's beautiful! And the table's great as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog. And....LOVE your banner!!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a great idea. I love it!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Clever project...but what really caught my eye is that great B&W table it is sitting on!! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...