Thursday, May 26, 2011

Restore Cabinet Sample #2

I shared my first project with the cabinet samples I picked up at the Restore here.  As a quick refresher, these are what they look like.

DSC01475_1090

For this second project, I used the one you see to the right with the hole in it.  With my daughter and son-in-law’s first anniversary coming up next month, and my daughter liking the pieces I was putting together for this one, I decided to make this for them as an anniversary gift.

DSC01775_1329

I put one of the buttons you see right in the hole with hot glue.  The other button I snipped off the back and hot glued that in place, too.

DSC01774_1344

I used a script scrapbook paper, applied with Mod Podge {with a coat on top}.  I also wanted to use this label plate and word key.  Since it was going to be a gift, I decided to monogram it for them and found I had left over shower invitations that I made for my daughter’s baby shower last year.  I cut the monogram “P” from that and used it here in the label plate.

DSC01776_1330

The key says “Heart” and I hot glued that on underneath it.  I had this Anniversary tag for a couple of years now, having found it in a box of stuff in the back of Michael's in their clearance area.  You can’t go wrong for $.28!

DSC01779_1333

I just hung the Anniversary tag off one of the buttons in case my daughter wants to remove it.  I’ll get a nice little stand for it, so this way they can place it on a table, shelf or their dresser.  For these pictures I just used an extra one I had around.

DSC01782_1335

I love the way the swirls in the font work so well with the design of the label plate and how it has a vintage old-fashioned look to it.

DSC01783_1336

You’ll notice in the top picture that I bought three cabinet samples.  Well, the third one was an epic fail trying a new technique I had read about.  It was not salvageable in any way, shape or form, so it did go in the garbage.  Thankfully, these pieces were only $.50 each, so it’s not a major loss!

Linking up to:

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous

Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello

Kathy

19 comments:

paula said...

Really cute Kathy! You have such an eye for turning things into beauty!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work,I lake it!
Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and what a lovely anniversary gift!!!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Oops, I had to post anonymously and didn't sign my name!!

Beautiful, Kathy, and it makes a lovely, heartfelt gift!!

xxoo
Marsha

Amy Chalmers said...

So pretty and very neat. Really a little work of art!

Vicki said...

Very sweet. This came out great.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Just gorgeous! I love these!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Ceekay again...ok, this time it worked! A beautiful gift and thrifty too! Love it!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it. Personalized gifts like this are timeless and priceless. I'm sure they'll cherish it for years to come.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hi Kathy,
What a beautiful vignette. I love the look. Thanks for visiting me.

xinex said...

Your daughter will love it! It is such a beautiful creation...Christine

Barbara Jean said...

really nice idea, and lovely gift.

blessings
barbara jean

Katherines Corner said...

Oh Kathy this is just beautiful. Our anniversary is on the first of June. If I had the supplies I'd make something like you inspired. Biggest hugs!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a great idea to use those samples for this project. So pretty & a perfect, special gift.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kathy, this turned out wonderfullly! For 50 cents we're allowed to goof!! LOL,
xoxo Debra

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Wow! How beautiful and expensive these look!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Kathy! Love it! And I'm sure your daughter will too. How could she not?! You've been a busy gal. I adore the chair you revealed a few posts back. Just gorgeous! Another fabulous job.

Hope you're having a good ~ productive ~ weekend!
Carla

Dacia said...

That is so totally cute! Love it! Thanks for the blog visit :)

Room to Inspire said...

Kathy what a beautiful project! I love the idea and it turned out great.

Chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...